Ch. 25 *First Date*❣️

*1 week later*
LUNA

I breathe out deeply. "Oh boy," I clench a fist and release, "first date, first date, first date..."
Marko asked me out on a date day before yesterday.

And even though we're already couple, and we've hung out multiple times, this is our first REAL date.
And I'm an absolute nervous wreak.

I pace my room, glancing in the mirror beside me every five seconds.
I smooth my hair and fix my jewelry. God I hope he doesn't think I'm trying too hard.

But I want to look nice for him.
Marko always looks good to me, and he doesn't even have to try.
Still, I feel like I need to try to look pretty for him.

I slipped on a long sleeve, dark blue crop top, and underneath I'm wearing a blue skirt with decorative black stitching on my left side.

My hair is tied in a loose braid, and a moon shaped golden necklace hangs off my neck.
I do one little spin in front of the mirror, checking every inch of my attire to see if there's a flaw.

Everything looks okay.
Now I just need to go out and wait for him.
I quietly sneak out of my room, tip toeing down the steps and across the wooden floors.

Mom and Dad are asleep upstairs, and hopefully no one wakes up and goes to my room to check on me.
I softly shut the front door behind me, turning to see Marko sitting in my driveway on his moterbike.

Jesus he's here already?!
That was fast.
I speed walk to him, completely nervous.

"Hi, sorry if I kept you-" I stop, furrowing my brow, "Marko? You alright?"
His eyes widened when he saw me, and he's just been staring at me.

Is there something wrong with me?
Do I have something on my face?

He shakes his head, snapping out of...whatever it is that he was thinking.
"Sorry," he chuckles softly, "it's just you're really pretty."

My eyes widen, and I blush extremely hard.
Sly dog.
I gently climb onto the back, wrapping my arms around his waist to steady myself.
He starts his bike with one fluid kick, and away we go.

I have no idea what he has planned for our date, or where he's taking me.
He said he wanted it to be a surprise.

We drive for about fifteen minutes, before he pulls off to the side of the road, taking my hand and leading me up a little hill that overlooks all of Santa Carla.

On top of the hill, is a little picnic blanket, plus boxes of takeout dinner, and two candles lit.
I gasp softly, touched at how much thought he put into this.

A private picnic on top of the Santa Carla lookout, where you feel as if you can reach out and touch a star, and beneath you are the sparkling golden lights of Santa Carla.

He smiles at me. "You like it?"
"I love it," I kiss his cheek, "this is beautiful."
"I'm glad," he takes a seat, and I sit beside him, "hope you like Chinese food."

"I love Chinese food!" I reach for a box of noodles and some chopsticks, taking a bite of the soy sauced filled noodles with steamed veggies to add on top.
Immediately, my taste buds explode in flavor.

Marko chuckles softly at my facial expressions. "Well, at least it's safe to say that I did good."
"You did great," I clean my hands off and smile at him, "I love it."

He smiles as well, before he lifts a finger and cleans the corner of my mouth.
God I made a mess didn't I?
That's kind of embarrassing.

Once all the food is eaten, we lay down on our backs and stare up at the star lit sky.
Marko's arm is thrown across my shoulder, and I lean into his side, cuddling him.

His fingers play with my hair gently, and I smile.
"This is really nice," I exhale, wrapping my arm around his waist. "Perfect date."

"Yeah," he sighs softly, "I'm really enjoying my time with you Luna."
I blush as his hand wraps around mine, bringing it to his lips and kissing it.

My heart beats out of my chest.
He lowers my hand gently, flipping onto his side to be face to face with me.

"Luna, you're my Mate. And I care about you deeply, and though we've only been a couple for a couple of weeks, and this is our first date but..." He licks his lips, exhaling a short breath before staring into my eyes.

"I love you."

My lips part, and my heart beats out of my chest.
He said it...
He said the three special words.

When I was younger, I used to imagine what it would be like.
Who my first boyfriend would be, my first kiss, my first 'I love you'
I had pictured some tall, dark haired, smooth dressed dream guy.

But that dream guy instantly vanished when I saw Marko.
Deep down...

"I love you, too," I whisper, smiling so wide and bright.
He blushes, pulling me into a long, deep kiss.

I do love Marko, I can feel it in my bones.
He's my Mate.
He's my first love...

And I couldn't be more luckier.