'what were you even thinking?'

𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩-
𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘸𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥, 𝘫𝘦𝘯𝘯𝘢

word count - 1049

"shit..." you huffed through your teeth. your hand was applying pressure to your side as the other connected web after web to buildings before you. you trying your best to get home. 

your back clashed against the brick wall of your apartment building, your knees began giving out. passing out, in the rain, next to your apartment window was not an option. you're a role model, one that has never once in your two years of being spiderwoman passed out in the rain after a battle. and now was not the time to start.

you yanked your mask off, letting the rain get into your eyes. your fingers began fiddling with the lock of your window, you couldn't get the damn thing open. that's when she turned the corner. jenna emerged from your shared bedroom. her gaze wandered up to the sound of the lock. jennas eyes widened as she saw you bleeding, trying to get in.

she dropped her phone and ran over, unlocking the window and attempting to pull you inside by your arms.

"holy shit y/n! what the hell happened?" jenna was stressed out now. you pulled yourself onto the couch, exposing your wound, sucking air in through your teeth. your eyes were shut tight as you groaned in pain.

the brunette was running around the apartment, getting things like towels and the first aid kit. then she found herself at your side, pulling your suit down off your arm, revealing your wound. your undershirt was drenched red.

"love, i need you to move your hand so i can see it," she shifted in her seat, partially afraid of the wound she was to be met with. but she couldn't let you know that, jenna was here to take care of you.

you had been stabbed. just below your ribs. jenna doesn't know how, or why. but she knows your bleeding, and if she doesn't get the stitches into your side soon you'll bleed out. she put on a brave face, acting. as she began cleaning the wound with one of her towels.

your arms were flailing on the couch as jenna began with the first stitch. you were doing your best to keep from screaming in pain, biting down on your suit sleeve seemed to help.

"you know, the guy that did it... told me everything, good and bad, happens for a reason. i was like... 'dude that doesn't justify stabbing someone'" you chuckled, trying to make light of the situation.

"how did you even let this happen? what happened?  i wasn't watching the news i-" jenna began rambling as the second stitch pierced your skin.

"jenna it's fine-" you were trying your best to annunciate coherent sentences, but you learned it's very hard to do that whilst getting stitches.

"no y/n it's not fine," her voice got louder, yelling. she picked up the towel again and wiped a droplet of blood running down your stomach. "it's not fine that you're constantly putting yourself in danger." she huffed, still stitching you back together.

"baby, i accepted the risk when i became spiderwoman. it's just part of the job..." you sighed, your eyes finally opening to look at her. she was focused on your cut. her eyes watering, seeing you in such a state. but the tears never rolled down her cheeks, she was refusing.

"part of the job? the job that has you out for hours on end? the job that has you coming back to me stabbed?  y/n you don't have to be a genius to know this job is going to kill you one day..." the tears in her eyes became more apparent. you felt terrible for dragging her into this and making her worry about you so much.

"jenna'm sorry i wasn't thinking about-" you were cut off by jenna, who had temporarily stopped her operation on your stitches.

"you're never thinking, y/n. you never think i'm worried. do you know what i would do if i had to find out from the news you died fighting some lunatic?" she stared at you. eyes piercing into your soul. "what were you even thinking? what did you think i was gonna do when I heard you got stabbed?" she shook her head, her attention turned back to your still-open wound.

you felt like the scum of the earth. you never meant to make her worry so much. you and jenna had been friends for a long time, you started dating after she found out you were spiderwoman. which happened when she walked into your apartment while you climbed through your window, in your suit, mask off.

you had four stitches in your side at this point. jenna placed a cold, damp wash cloth over me as she began cleaning up. disposing of the needle, and wiping the blood off everything. she then walked off to your room, only to return with a change of clothes that weren't soaked in your blood.

"jenna, baby look at me" you practically begged as she set the shirt and shorts down next to you. you watched as her jaw clenched and she shook her head, refusing to meet your eyes. she began walking away and that's when you lunged toward her, wrapping your hand around her wrist. your other hand kept the damp towel in place.

"y/n! you need to lay down!" she still didn't look you in the eyes. she instead opted for placing her hand over yours and leading you back to the couch. you fingers that were once wrapped around her wrist now rested on her chin as you came to a halt. she finally looked at you. hand still over yours, on your waist.

"jenna i am so sorry i made you worry," you spoke in a soft voice. you were sincere, and jenna could read that.

"i only worry because i care about you y/n, i don't know if i can handle you coming home with a stab wound" her hand came to cup your cheek in the hollow of your palm. your lips met hers in a sweet, desperate kiss.

"now let's get you into something a little less bloody, yeah?" jenna suggested as she press the shirt she provided against your chest. you chuckled in response, taking it, and jenna into your bedroom.

~~~