'pod save america'

𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩-
𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘱𝘰𝘥𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴 '𝘴𝘶𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘣 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘴' 𝘨𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘷𝘪𝘳𝘢𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨.

𝘴𝘶𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘣 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘢 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘱𝘰𝘥𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘥! 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘥𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘵 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦!

word count - 1637

"naw, baby talk? that's a huge ick... maru back me up here?" you glanced over at your friend, who began laughing at your response to the prompt. you were seated at a round table with your friends. once a week, you would all meet at nicks house to record your podcast 'suburb talks'. you were seated in the middle of the other three girls on the podcast, maru, cynthia, and christine.

"that's an ick?!" your friend, sage, seemed shocked at the news. his palms were pressed against the table as he leaned over it a bit.

"are you dense? of course, it's an ick!"

across from you at the table were a few of your guy friends: nick, devin, sage, and sean. this week nick hosted, which meant he pulled the questions and prompts. the question you had just been asked was: 'do you find baby talk cute?'.

"yeah, i only...i'm not gonna say like but i can stand it for a little while," christine interjected adjusting her microphone. your eyes fell on maru, one of your best friends. she had a strange scowl on her face.

"maru you look like you don't agree" laughed nick, as attention turned to maru and her uncomfortable look.

"i mean if my boyfriend came to me asking for his 'bweaky pwease'... i don't know?" she shrugged. from seans, a laidback spot in his seat everyone could hear him shout 'word!' which earned a chuckle from everyone into their mics.

"if i said, 'y/n can you pwease get me blah blah blah' what would you do?" nick looked at you, given you were the first to loathe baby talk. you sighed as you stared daggers at him.

"i almost just swung at you right now, shut the fuck up." your hand gripped the microphone to further express your point. all your friends began to laugh at your response.

you had been working on your new movie, the fallout for a while now. filming hadn't gotten too demanding just yet so you continued to make time for the podcast. but even on the days you did have to miss recording the podcast, you had a sub. your friend viet.

"ok y/n. look at me real quick..." devin demanded your attention. he shifted in his seat to make direct eye contact with you. "if j, used baby talk with you, is it okay then?" he begged a big question.

everyone around the table looked at you with anticipation. they all knew about your hardcore crush on your costar. j, or jenna ortega, vada in the movie. you had talked about your crush on 'j' on the podcast, no one knew who she was though. no one knew her full name.

"but devin that's j. she's-" 

"is that a yes? oh my god y/n you're down bad" the table erupted in laughter again.

"i am not confirming nor denying anything, and i was about to order boba for all of us, but i think i'll just get it for myself now." you huffed, pulling up some random boba shop on your phone. the laughter ceased almost instantly.