'us? soulmates?'

(𝘳𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵!) 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩-
𝘫𝘦𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘰𝘯 𝘢 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘧𝘵𝘰𝘱

word count- 682
dialoge re-write!

"love? what are you still doing up here?" you called to jenna. you made your way onto the rooftop she was sitting on. you sat next to her, wrapping your arms around her neck to pull the brunette into a hug. jennas eyes stayed on the stars.

it was a cool summer night. the wind blew every few moments sending chills down your spine. it had been the summer of your life. but it was all coming to an end far too soon. you spent all of your time with who you thought was the love of your life this summer, jenna. you two clicked instantly, she was your best friend, temporary therapist, and girlfriend.

since jenna was an actress only the important people knew about the two of you. and you were okay with that. though every once in a while jenna would get needy and post a photo of the two of you. none of which ever had your face or name attached. she claimed it was because she wanted you all to yourself.

"thinking," she mumbled. to which you hummed in response before asking further questions. you laid your head on the brunette's shoulder, allowing a wave of comfort to wash over you.

"about what?" you asked, your eyes were closed now and you looked like you were going to fall asleep.  her head rested atop of yours. you caught a whiff of her scent, daisies. it was light, fluffy, and floral. she smelled like cloud 9. 

jenna was perfect. it was something you truly believed. jenna made you feel things you've never felt with anyone before. she was everything you could ever want or need. she was so good to you, so right.

it's like you started living with her, and before you were merely breathing. she made you feel alive, she made you feel wanted. though the term 'soulmates' was very set in stone. you would never give an average person such a title.

but jenna wasn't average. she was everything. she was perfect, perfect for you. and just the perfect person.

"i think we're soulmates," she stated. confidence in her voice dwindling as she reached the end of her statement. your breath hitched. you lifted your head to look at her when she sighed at the loss of contact. you stared at her, urging her to elaborate.

"us? soulmates? so out of all the people in the universe, you really think you and i were meant to be?" you ask, a cheeky grin appearing on your face. she couldn't help but smile at you. she shook her head and watched as confusion overtook your features.

"not just this universe. all of them," jenna finally peeled her eyes away from the constellations. she smiles at you and takes your silence as a signal to keep going.

"they say the universe is infinite, with endless possibilities. but i'm calling bullshit." jenna adds on the last part hastily, making you perk up in surprise.

"i believe in every single universe we meet each other. whether it be romantically or platonically."

"so you're saying we have a great relationship in each one?" you questioned her logic.

"not exactly," jenna trailed off. you fell back into her touch, resting your head on her shoulder once more but this time a little hurt.

"for example, there's one out there where you're my waitress and i feel the need to give you a generous tip. and that's it. we never see each other again." the brunette elaborated on her theory. you watched her, listening intently.

"or perhaps one where i'm just simply your doctor, or you're my therapist. it's inevitable that our paths cross."

"in all the universes we're born in..." your sad attempt to make sense of jennas logic failed miserably.

"even the ones we aren't born in, our physical selves won't be in them but our souls will be. soulmates kind of remind me of really strong magnets. they just get closer and closer until-" jenna imitated an explosion with her palms. you took note of the small twinkle in her eye when she spoke of something she was passionate about.

it was like you were an open book and jenna was an avid reader. she could tell you didn't like something she said. which was understandable. she let out a low chuckle and placed a reassuring kiss on the crown of your head.  

~~~