'and you are?'

(𝘳𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵!) 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩-
𝘫𝘦𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘨𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘭
𝘨𝘯!𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳
𝘪𝘮 𝘵𝘳𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 : )

word count- 829

Y/N's heart raced with a mixture of excitement and nerves as they stepped onto the set of their first film. The sprawling studio was alive with activity, the air buzzing with anticipation. Glistening lights cast a mesmerizing glow over the meticulously crafted set pieces, transforming the space into a world of its own. For Y/N, fresh out of acting school, it was a dream come true and a surreal introduction to the world of filmmaking.

However, the novelty of the environment couldn't completely suppress the gnawing sensation of being a newcomer. Their hands trembled as they rehearsed their lines in the dressing room, envisioning the scene that was about to unfold. Each heartbeat echoed the gravity of the moment — the first step towards what they hoped would be a fulfilling career.

Mid-rehearsal, a stern-looking crew member approached with an air of impatience. "Newbie, over here!"

Y/N's heart sank as they followed the crew member's lead, their steps faltering. Amidst the hustle and bustle, the crew member tersely explained the intricacies of the scene setup, camera angles, and their precise positioning. Y/N's mind raced, struggling to absorb the information while maintaining an outward appearance of composure.

As the filming commenced, Y/N found themselves standing in the spotlight, surrounded by professionals who appeared to dance with ease through the choreography of filmmaking. But as the camera rolled, Y/N's inexperience became apparent. Lines were fumbled, cues were missed, and a palpable tension hung in the air. The director's sighs of exasperation were barely concealed, and the crew's whispers of impatience were like a relentless hum in Y/N's ears.

Meanwhile, unbeknownst to Y/N, Jenna — a charismatic and accomplished actress — was visiting a friend on the set. While she had no involvement in the current production, curiosity had drawn her to the unfamiliar environment. Jenna's keen eye and empathetic nature were immediately drawn to Y/N's struggles.

With each faltered line and hesitated gesture, Jenna's heart ached. She observed from the shadows, empathy radiating from her gaze. Amidst the chaos, Jenna watched as Y/N took a much-needed break, sitting alone with their shoulders slumped, the weight of the world evident in their eyes.

Summoning her courage, Jenna approached Y/N with a warm smile. "Hey, I'm Jenna. I'm here visiting a friend. How are you holding up?"

Startled by the unexpected kindness, Y/N managed a tentative smile. "I'm... I'm Y/N. Just feeling a bit overwhelmed, to be honest."

Jenna's gaze was unwavering, filled with understanding. "It's completely natural, especially for your first time. Remember, everyone starts somewhere."

Y/N's lips twitched into a hesitant smile. "Yeah, I just wish I could get things right."

Jenna leaned in, her voice a gentle reassurance. "Mistakes are a part of the process, Y/N. Don't be too hard on yourself. And if you ever need advice or someone to talk to, I'm here."

As the day progressed, Jenna continued to offer silent support. She watched with a mixture of concern and admiration as Y/N navigated through the scenes, their determination unwavering despite the challenges. Yet, the mistreatment Y/N endured remained painfully evident — crew members whispered behind their back, exchanged exasperated glances, and the confidence Y/N had walked in with seemed to crumble with every passing moment.

During another break, Y/N found themselves retreating to a quiet corner, their spirit visibly deflated. Jenna joined them, her presence offering a lifeline in a sea of uncertainty. "Y/N, I couldn't help but notice... Are you alright? You seem really stressed."

Tears welled in Y/N's eyes as they nodded, a mixture of vulnerability and relief washing over them. "I'm not sure if I can handle this. It feels like they're treating me like I don't belong."

Jenna's voice held a comforting strength. "You absolutely belong here, Y/N. But sometimes, certain environments aren't the right fit for us. Your talent and worth go beyond one difficult experience."

Y/N's eyes widened as the truth sank in, their hope rekindled. "So, you're saying there are other opportunities?"

Jenna nodded with a reassuring smile. "Absolutely. There are sets where people treat each other with respect and kindness. It's important to find a place where you can grow and thrive."

With Jenna's encouragement echoing in their ears, Y/N left the set that had tested their resilience but also offered invaluable lessons. Jenna's kind presence had been a beacon of light, showing them a path toward a more supportive environment.

As Y/N set out on a new journey, Jenna's words resonated deeply. They carried with them the memory of her compassionate gaze and the promise of a brighter future. With each step, Y/N held onto the hope that, someday, they would find a place where their passion and potential could truly flourish.

~~~