'thrown to the dogs'

𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩-
𝘫𝘦𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘨𝘦𝘵'𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘯 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘪𝘦𝘸, 𝘳𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧𝘧 𝘵𝘰 𝘺/𝘯 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘴𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘤 𝘪 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘲𝘶𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘫𝘦𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘦...
𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘱𝘭𝘴 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘴 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺!

word count - 1193

your legs were sprawled on a couch just behind the camera. you had accompanied your girlfriend, jenna, to her interview for variety with elle fanning. you accompany her to a lot of interviews, but not once are you seen. to be frank, you're there for emotional support.

you were listening to everything that was said, and it was interesting. jenna has always been very opinionated, but you rarely hear her go on a 30-minute tangent about her experiences and opinions.

they talked about shows, accents, the city of london, any topic they could think of really. then they started talking about humor, elle said something about wanting to be funnier on instagram and kickstarted an entirely new conversation.

"you're thrown to the dogs- and you know i was actually just talking about this because when i first started acting my mom told me i had to use my platform for good. i had to be vocal about things that mattered to me or were important in the world or society or whatever. and i had to get good grades." jenna laughed. you knew the conversation was about to deepen. you swung your legs off the couch to give the interview your undivided attention.

your elbows rested atop your knees, slightly hunched over with your ears touching your shoulders. taking this moment to analyze your surroundings as well as the people in them. you girlfriend had cut her hair into a wolf cut. and it looked amazing on her, like a rebranding. 

"and i'm gonna be honest, and i'm gonna be vulnerable. because i want people to watch movies and get to know the people behind the camera and feel like they're attainable." you could see that elle was starting to pick up on the mood switch in the room. she adjusted herself in her seat, and her expression changed accordingly. 

"i guess i've been exposed to the world in a sense." you were listening intently now. jenna has expressed to you numerous times that the sudden fame that came with her show wednesday had taken a toll on her mental health. she's been more stressed and standoffish. you always let her know you would support her in anything she did and be there for her.

"people, prey on that and take advantage of that. and they see your vulnerability and twist it in a way that... twist it in a way that you don't always expect." you noticed as her voice became softer and more fragile. her eyes began to fill with tears and it nearly broke you knowing she felt this way.

jenna began apologizing for becoming emotional, but elle told her it was all okay. and you were grateful for that, that people understand vulnerability isn't weak but a sign of strength. that you can open up, and allow yourself to be read like poetry and be okay when people close your pages.

"how do you be honest without jeopardizing your own health and safety? and it's very easy to feel almost out of control of things."

you had known about jennas' struggles with mental health, then she published her book 'it's all love' about her mental health and overcoming it. you couldn't be any more proud of her. and now she was here, talking to a woman she idolized for years about the struggles of being a puppet. it was a full-circle moment.

"i'm sorry, can i just take a minute?" jenna asked, her voice still on the verge of breaking.

"of course, take as much time as you need." elle responded. she was so understanding of jenna's position and you were glad she was talking to someone that fully understood. you understood to an extent, given you were a writer. for jennas' show.

the brunette stood from her chair making direct eye contact with you. she was wiping stray tears from her face when you stood to meet her. she yanked you in by the waist, pressing her face into the hollows of your neck. you laid one hand on her head, and the other rubbed soothing patterns on her back.

she pushed you to sit back down on the couch behind you. she followed, placing herself next to you and swinging her legs onto your lap. you could hear her sniffling by your ear.

"there's nothing i can say because i don't completely understand. but i want to, i want to understand," you spoke in a hushed tone only loud enough for jenna to hear. your grip around her tightened when you heard her speak again.

"i have this... really really intense urge to be human, and honest, and just authentic. i don't want to be something i'm not. and it's terrifying!" you could hear her cries get louder as she pushed herself farther into your touch. 

she was heaving, and jenna was nearly inconsolable. nearly. jenna was strong, one of the strongest people you've ever met. not only that but she was loyal and persistent. 

"this has been longer than a minute," her sobs were mellowing as she finally shifted bringing her face back into the light. you moved your hand from the back of her head to wipe away the remaining tears. jenna finally smiled into your palm.

"i love you jen, and you are so much more than just an actress," you placed a tender kiss on her cheek. you felt her smile again under your touch.

"i love you more. thank you love."

she came back to her seat across from elle fanning, apologizing for her tiny meltdown.

"i hear you, and it's so beautiful that you are so open and honest about your feelings because i think not a lot of people are. and i think it's so courageous for you to put that out there, and to say that. I think it can also help so many people as well. it doesn't matter if we're in the public eye; we're all human beings and it is a feeling."

jenna's eyes were still a bit red s she continued the interview. a little while later elle touched on it again lightly, talking about her friends and family.

"i have to ask, that's your girlfriend, right? i'm not mistaken?" elle gestured to you on the couch still. you smiled at her as jenna answered.

"she is, but she's not only my girlfriend but my best friend" jenna was now looking at you as well.

"how long have you two been dating?"

"two years, known each other for five."

both of their gazes were now locked onto you as you smiled at jenna and her sweet words. she brought her hand up to signal for you to move over to her. you were hesitant for a moment, looking up to the cameraman who nodded at you.

you made your way over to jenna, wrapping your arms around her neck from behind as she intertwined your pinky with hers. you placed a small peck on her temple.

"this is y/n, my girlfriend." jenna's hand moved up behind her head to find itself on your cheek.