'𝘴𝘭𝘢𝘮𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 my head into a wall'

(𝘳𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵!) 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩-
𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘧𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦

word count- 2434

you walked onto the stage into the direct spotlight.  snaps, claps, and small 'woo's' could be heard from the crowd as you waved to them. no, you weren't some small singer, though you were an artist. 

the stage was home to a beautiful venue where you were performing.  it was a slam. a poetry slam. you had been competing in them since you began writing poetry. over time you had built an audience. so most of the venues you were at had been sold out. you smiled as you approached the microphone.

"hi everyone, how you doing tonight california?" you waved to the crowd. you planted your hands firmly around the microphone. "before I begin this poem, I would like to congratulate everyone that has stepped onto this stage tonight. you guys were absolutely amazing," more claps were heard from the audience as you concluded your sentence.

your eyes scanned over the crowd, appreciating a moment of bliss. this was a very special slam. this was the first time you were presenting a newly written poem.  a poem about a special girl.

jenna, someone you had met fairly recently at a friend's birthday. the two of you instantly clicked. texts turned to calls, calls turned to outings. but it hasn't evolved from that standpoint. you knew a while into talking to jenna you had developed feelings for her.

she was so well-spoken and genuinely had things worth saying. she was opinionated and persistent, and she had the cutest dimples by god. there wasn't anything not to adore. she was the definition of perfect.

"so tonight I have a really special poem about a very special girl." the crowd hummed with 'o's and 'ah's. to which your smile grew wider. you loved the crowds you performed to. you nodded at the reaction as you kept speaking. "I know, I know, I'm not a love poet. but some people come into your life for a change of perspective you know? anyway, you guys ready?"

your gaze bounced off each person in the crowd as you let go of the mic. your arms fell to your sides. your eyes closed momentarily s you ran through the poem in your head, having memorized it.

(𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘭 𝘱𝘰𝘦𝘮: 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘦𝘮 𝘮𝘦𝘥𝘭𝘦𝘺 𝘣𝘺 𝘳𝘶𝘥𝘺 𝘧𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘰. 𝘪 𝘥𝘦𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘰𝘶𝘵, 𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘺 𝘧𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘦𝘵𝘴.)

"i want you to bite my lip so i can no longer speak, and then suck my ex-girlfriend's name out of my mouth just to make sure she never comes up in our conversations." you began, the snaps erupting from the sea of people. you smiled at the response before continuing.

"I'm going to be honest, I'm not really a love poet. in fact every time i try to write about love my hands cramp... just to show me how painful love can be." you showed your palms in front of you, extending and retracting your fingers to get your point across.

"and sometimes my pencils break, to prove to me every now and then love takes a little more work than you planned. see i heard that love is blind so i write all my poems in braille." laughs could be heard in the distance and you just nodded, a smile still plastered on your face.