'oh, shit!'

𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩,
𝘢𝘯 𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘰𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘯 𝘴𝘦𝘵

wordcount- 1228

"y/n we're gonna have you stand next to the ditch," director tim burton helped shift your position next to the body-sized hole. "and then emma, you're gonna say your line and we'll go from there." 

you were nearing the end of filming at this point. the second season of wednesday had taken a rather long time to film but every second was worth it. it was one of the most thrilling projects you have ever been a part of. and you were in the middle of filming the final, huge twist.

you were playing a character, amy bates. a vampire in the series that turned out to be the root of the entire season's problems. she was a psycho, serial killer, liar, and all of the above.

as your back loomed over the ditch, which would soon be edited to look much deeper than it was, you faced your co-star emma myers. another friend of yours, jenna ortega standing a few feet behind her. she pointed a gun at you, an insta-kill. the look on her face was as serious as ever when tim burton called to action.

"amy... i thought we were friends," emma cried, her grip on the gun was shakey. her other hand came up to support it as she aimed at you.

"do it enid. pull the trigger!" jenna barked her orders. jenna was stoic, not a hint of emotion piercing her features.

"wednesday, do you not feel any remorse? she was our friend, and she did all of this. don't you feel hurt? don't you feel betrayed?" emmas grip was still loose but she never took her eye off you nor did the gun's barrel ever jolt in any way.

"of course, i feel betrayed. and i'll feel much better when there's a bullet in her skull." the brunette deadpanned. her intensity only growing stronger by the minute.

emmas eyes were watering as she kept the barrel trained on your figure. her aim ran up your body and up to your head. you smiled tears also leaving your eyes as you gave a small nod.

"it's okay enid. i wronged you, i deserve this." you reassured her. you eyes closed waiting for the 'impending doom' of being fake shot at. but what you weren't expecting was to be actually knocked off your feet.

your eyes shot open. subconsciously taking a step back, you were too focused on the sudden force to remember there was a fucking ditch behind you. and you slipped, falling directly on your back into the dirt. 

literal sticks and stones did not break your bones but the seven-foot fall sure did. the stones only added discomfort and the sticks left you with small scratches. groans and screams could be heard from you. you touched your right shoulder, then lifted your hand up to get a look at your hand.

red.

red like blood red. that's when it hit you, you had been shot. like actually fucking shot. the adrenaline rush wore off but the shock remained. you could feel the pain now. your left hand applied pressure to the wound but it wasn't much help. you were squirming and writhing in the ditch, screaming and groaning. trying to do anything to make the pain stop but to no avail.

"oh, shit!" you hear emmas voice become louder signaling she was approaching you. you opened your eyes to see both her and jenna hunched over the hole staring down at you. panic had taken over both their features and body language. 

"oh my god, that gun was fucking real?!"

"we need a medic in here now!"

"y/n i am so fucking sorry. if i knew the gun was real i wouldn't have pulled the trigger."

"emma, move so the ambulance can get her-"

that was the last thing you heard.

no, you didn't die. but that was the last thing you heard before passing out due to blood loss. you woke up momentarily in the ambulance, both jenna and emma were by your side. emma kept whispering to herself that you going to be okay. 

jenna was filling out paperwork, you think. you could see the papers and hear her writing but you weren't sure what it was. then you were out again.

when you awoke the second time, you were numb. you felt nothing.  your eyes fluttered open slowly, taking a moment to adjust to the sudden light. you heard footsteps rushing toward you as you groaned.

your retinas took a moment to dilate to the harsh hospital lights. but once they did you saw both jenna and emma once again. both girls were hunched over your bed. their eyes were glaring at you in desperation.

"... hello?" your voice was groggy and came out as more of a cough-inducing groan. your eyes widened when you heard yourself and you started clearing your throat. the girls laughed at your shock when they threw themselves at you apologizing profusely.

"y/n i am so sorry! i would never purposely shoot you i promise!" emma screamed as she lifted herself off you.

"wait, i was shot?!" you sat up only to feel a stinging pain in your right shoulder. you winced, grabbing it harshly with your left hand. you groaned, setting yourself back onto your pillows. 

the pain soon became very apparent, you questioned how you managed to ignore it before. it felt like there was a heartbeat in your arm. your eyes bounced from emma, to jenna and back again. emma wore a shy,  worried look and jenna just stared at you with a hint of worry in her eyes.

"yeah, one of the prop people apparently didn't like you very much, switched out the prop for the real thing." jenna explained, "we didn't know it was real until you were in a seven-foot ditch, bleeding out"

"don't worry, we already alerted your parents, jenna put herself down as your emergency contact, and you're taking a much-needed leave from filming until you recover." the temporary blonde elaborated. you were in shock.

on one hand, you had been shot. on the other hand, jenna put herself down as your emergency contact. the two of you never really got along. jenna from the jump created a distance between you two. you never knew why and still don't. so the fact that she put herself down as your emergency contact is absurd.

"jenna, do you have something you wanna say to me?" you slowly turned back to the brunette, who relentlessly avoided your gaze. her eyes were on everything in the small hospital room but you. emma smirked and stepped out, locking the door from the outside so jenna was forced to speak with you.

"okay fine. yes i put myself as your emergency contact. but it's only because i had to!" the brunette exclaimed. she threw her arms up to make her point.

"just admit you like me to emma will open the door." you smirked, you had nothing bad to say about the actress. you were always sweet to her and yet she still did not like you. something about your positivity annoyed her.

"i guess, you're not horrendous to be around". jenna sighed, before pounding on the hospital door for emma to unlock it.

you smiled, saying her little explanation was all the confirmation you needed. jenna and you became closer as you made your recovery. she assisted you in physical therapy, and was always there whenever you needed her.

she never actually hated you.

~~~