𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑: 𝐌𝐲 𝐌𝐂 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐧𝐞𝐫

This job of being a K-pop idol comes with a lot of new responsibilities like rehearsing more hours or the possibility of becoming MC. It turns out I'm going to be the new Music bank MC which is awesome of course but I can't help but to feel nervous at the same time. I auditioned for it a few months ago because I wanted to try something new even though I'm such an introvert. To be honest I didn't think I would be chosen but here I am about to meet my MC partner.

I am so excited for this opportunity but at the same time I'm nervous since it involves interacting with people. I know that I perform in front of many but still talking directly with them it's a whole different thing. I hope my partner is someone I can rely on.

"Can I come in?" I say entering the meeting room.

"Yes. Have a seat." says Nicole so I take a sit next to a fan that was the in the room. Today has been a hot day.

"Enhypen's leader Yang Jungwon is going to be your partner for the upcoming season of Music Bank programs. He is still yet to come since he is practicing for their group's comeback, so he'll be here a little bit late." Nicole explains.

That took me by surprise. Jungwon sunbaenim and me. Music bank MCs. We haven't had any sort of interaction, well only that one time but it was months ago when we were doing promotions at the same time. Honestly I thought they were going to select an actor but I think like this is just fine otherwise it would be hard to not start fangirling all the time, what can I say I love K-dramas.

"Can I come in?" I hear someone saying at the door. It's definitely him. Since he is my senior there is always this feeling about not messing up while interacting or to seem cool around them but right now I'm feeling really nervous.

"Hello." I got up and bow greeting him.

"Hello." He says bowing as well. Then he sits in front of me.

"First let's start with the modifications in both of your schedules. You will have lessons of voice intonation on Mondays and then you'll have to prepare for a special MC stage. Here ar your scripts." Nicole explains giving us the script for our debut show.

"When are we performing this special stage?" Jungwon subaenim asks while reading his paper.

"In a month. You'll have enough time to get ready. However please keep in mind that you'll be spending less time with you team since you have to get ready for this." Nicole says with a serious tone in her voice.

"Are we supposed to memorize everything that is here?" I ask pointing the paper sheet in my left hand. It's a lot, hopefully not.

"Not exactly. But get to know each question that you'll have to ask and find the correct way to ask it so that is attractive to the audience." She makes a pause while getting together some papers that where on the table. "Any other question?" We both move our heads to each side while saying no.

"I think you two haven't met each other properly I'm leaving now to solve other matters. Please get to know each other at least a little bit and start practicing some of the things you'll be saying just to get familiar with it." Nicole says before leaving us by ourselves.

"Hello, I'm aware about the fact that we all know who each other are but anyway. I'm Yang Jungwon, nice to meet you." He says with a polite manner. Just now I noticed that he is still sweating from practicing.

"Hello, nice to meet you. I'm Kim Joowon." I say looking at him for a brief moment and then looking back at the paper in my hand.

"How did you decide that you wanted to be MC?" He suddenly asks.

"I wanted to try something new so I prepared for it two months in advanced. Honestly I thought I was not going to get it since I'm completely new on this." I explain starting to feel more relaxed.

"I see. I'm sure it's going to be a good experience. Congratulations by the way!" He says and then gets back to analyze the paper in his hand.

"Thank you!" I just say with an awkward smile.

"So do you have any hobbies?" Weird question but I remember Nicole telling us to get to know each other so maybe it made sense for him to ask that.

"Yes I like reading or going for walks. But I think what I enjoy the most is singing. What about you?"

Then we continued to get familiar with the script in our hands and tried to practice a little but then he had to leave because he was going to record something and his members were waiting for him.

⋅ ── ⋆⋅୨୧⋅⋆ ── ⋅

"How was it?" Hyein approaches me while I enter the practice room. "Is he an actor? Who? Have we watched some of his dramas?"

"I'm afraid he is not an actor." I say with a hand on my chest and a sad expression. "I'm sorry Hyein-ah, I really wanted him to be an actor too."

"The who is it then?" Haerin says appearing from behind us. I flinched a little but I think I'm starting to get use to this since she always does it to me. I think she may enjoy scaring me. It's funny. Sometimes.

"It's Enhypen's Jungwon sunbaenim." I put my arm around Haerin's shoulder and walk towards the others but they were already coming to our direction.

"It's not an actor, girls." Hyein says to Minji unnie and Hanni unnie. Danielle it's not here because she is recording a song for an OST of a movie.

"Who is...." Minji unnie starts asking but was interrupted by Haerin telling them who it is.

"Ooohh" Hanni unnie and Hyein say at the same time.

"And how do you feel about it?" Minji unnie asks me while going to play the music for us to start our rehearsal.

"Well... honestly I'm really nervous because I'm going to be spending more time with him and you guys know how awkward I get with new people but I'm excited too, does that make sense?" I say playing with my hair.

"Don't worry Joowon-ah you are going to be great as MC, we'll be cheering for you!" Hanni unnie says giving me and Haerin a hug.

"I want a hug too. Unnie come to the group hug!" Hyein calls Minji while wrapping her arms around us.