𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟐: 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞

Jungwon's POV

I've been feeling quite tired recently. We all have been feeling that way for the past weeks. Since we came back from the tour we have been doing multiple activities and now that the comeback promotions have started we barely get any sleep. Hard to believe but I must say that there are even nights in which we don't sleep at all.

I try my best to show enthusiasm and to seem fine when I'm with my members, but honestly it's getting a bit too much for me. Our staff had even told the ENGENE who have come to see us at the music shows to cheer for us louder than usual so that we can feel their support even more because they notice that we really need motivation in these moments.

Now I'm with Joowon rehearsing for this week's show, but to be honest I'm not really focused on whatever we're reading... Now that I think of it I could have told her that I couldn't attend the script rehearsal and use that time to get some rest. However, my reason to come in despite of feeling exhausted was very reasonable for me. I wanted to see her.

"Now why don't we check today's lineup... sunbaenim?" I hear Joowon say but I didn't answer at first because I dozed off for a moment.

"You haven't call me like that in a very long time." I tell her almost in a whisper as I rub my eyes to try to get rid of the tiredness.

"Are you okay? You seem unfocused." She asks without acknowledging what I just told her. "Have you been resting well?"

I shake my head. "If I'm not wrong... I think this is the third day in a row in which I haven't sleep at all." I explain in between yawns.

She didn't say anything for a moment but I clearly saw how her expression changed. Now she looked worried and I was the reason for it. I guess it isn't ideal to say this but I couldn't help but feel my mood uplift a bit just by knowing that maybe she still cares for me.

"When do you have to leave?" Joowon suddenly inquires, putting her script aside.

"My next scheduled activity is in..." I check my phone. "Two hours."

"Then it's set. Come on. Let's go." She stands up and goes to where I am. She holds her hand out for me to help me get up and with no hesitation I reach for it.

We let go once we were out in the hallway and before moving any further our eyes met and we somehow immediately knew what we had to do. She went first and I waited for a few seconds before I followed her to our secret meeting spot. Everything went on naturally because we were doing what we used to all the time a few months ago.

After a couple of minutes I finally arrived to the place. Our place. I opened the door and there she was standing in front of me. Joowon was waiting for me. Just looking at her made me feel as if it was time to stop trying to be strong for a moment and finally allow myself to express how tired I was feeling.

The moment I closed the door behind me, I fell to my knees with my eyes downcast as tears ran down my cheeks. In an instant she knelt in front of me and gently took my face in her hands while she began to caress it, gently wiping away my tears.

"I am just really tired." I confess looking up at her. Due to the amount of tears in my eyes the image of her is blurry but what is clear like water is the warmth of her touch.

"I know, I know, Jungwon." She comforts me by pulling me closer to her. "I wish I had the right words to make you feel better, just know that I care." I was right she still cares for me.

"You don't have to say anything. Just stay with me... please." I say with my face buried in her neck.

"I will... as long as you need me to." She utters softly.