𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟓: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

Jungwon's POV

I was on the plane back to Korea when I saw the article. The first thing I thought once I finished watching the video, was what would happen to Joowon. I know how these kind of things are, which is why everyone in the industry tries to avoid them at all costs. I don't want her to get hate because of me.
On the contrary, I felt angry towards whoever secretly recorded us. How could they?

We were all exhausted because we had just given two concerts in a row in Osaka for our World Tour Fate, we could have stayed one more day to rest but we had to immediately return to Korea to attend the Prada Mode event in Seoul.

"Jungwon..." Our manager calls me in a serious manner staring at me from the rear-view mirror once we all had gotten in the car. "We will talk tomorrow. Now it's best for you all to rest." I only nod to his instruction.

I couldn't even look my members in the eye. A rumor like this not only affects the people involved but also affects the group to which they belong. Certainly, the last thing I want in the world is for my members to also suffer bad consequences for my fault.

"Hey..." Sunoo hyung nudges me to get my attention away from the window. "Whenever you feel ready, we'll hear you."

"I'm sure everything will get better. We will support you no matter what." Jay hyung who is sitting behind me says patting my shoulder.

"Thank you." I only manage to say. Even though I'm still feeling very worried my members' words definitely made me feel a bit better.

⋅ ── ⋆⋅୨୧⋅⋆ ── ⋅

I wanted to call Joowon to see how she was feeling, but since we landed quite late yesterday, I didn't think it was a good idea to do so. That's the excuse I told myself because I know for a fact that she doesn't sleep early so that wasn't the problem, maybe I just wasn't ready to talk to her yet.

On the way to the Hybe building I couldn't help but check out what everyone is saying about us on the Internet. Like I thought, most of the bad comments were against her and I'm afraid some of them were quite rude. I wonder how she's doing, I wonder if she has read them. I really hope not.

She's obviously attending today's event too but I don't think we'll get a chance to talk at all. I'm scared because I don't know what will happen from now on, so the only thing I want to do once I see her is hold her tightly and tell her that everything will be fine even if I don't believe it.

Now I find myself standing in front of the door of one of the company's meeting rooms. My manager wants to talk to me and although he didn't mention why, I know exactly what the meeting will be about.

Finally after after some hesitation I gain the courage to knock. "Come in." I hear a voice I don't recognize say.

Once I opened the door, my heart skipped a beat when my eyes met hers. Joowon was there, she was just meters away from me and I felt bad because I couldn't reach for her and hug her like I said I would.

In the room were her manager, mine and a man I had not seen before. He was sitting at the head of the table while the managers sat next to him, facing each other. Joowon was next to Nicole so it seemed right to sit in the chair near my manager.

"First of all, I think it's important to introduce myself." The stranger declares, standing up. "I'm Hwang Tae-su, I'm in charge of the company's social media reputation management. Which means that whatever it is said on the social platforms about any group under the Hybe labels is up to me to be nothing but good news."

"We decided to contact Mr. Hwang regarding recent rumors that were spread yesterday about you two." Nicole says looking from Joowon to me and back.