𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏: 𝐏𝐮𝐳𝐳𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬

Jungwon's POV

Promotions are going great and we are starting to be busier as days go by. However we love the fact that our ENGENEs are always there showing support towards us and cheering while we perform. That definitely makes me want to do even better so that they can enjoy to the fullest.

Today we had our second performance at Music bank and we are also nominated for the first place in this week's k-chart. I hope we win, it would be very special if I could give the trophy to my members as MC.

"It's time to announce the K-Chart winner for the first week of June 2023! Between Enhypen and G(i-dle)." Joowon starts the announcement.

"Who will win first place? Please show us the scores!" I say as I try my best to keep my cool because I'm really nervous about the results.

The scores were counted and... we won! I noticed that the confetti even scared Joowon a little bit but she immediately recovered and gave Ni-ki a bouquet of flowers because he was beside her. I just went straight to my members and gave Jay hyung the trophy. Then I went back to my place next to Joowon to do the farewell.

Sunghoon hyung gave the acceptance speech and he made sure to thanked everyone of great importance to our win. The staff, our producer and last but not least our amazing ENGENEs.

"I guess it's time to say goodbye!" Joowon starts the farewell.

"When you need music..." I say looking gleefully at the camera.

"Watch it live in Music Bank! Have a great weekend!" We say goodbye as we wave.

Everyone started to leave the stage and while we started to sing we made sure to bow to other idols before they were gone. Before leaving, Joowon gave me an apple and then she did a gesture of biting something while walking away, that's when I remember what we were supposed to do for our winner's celebration. Then the staff gave apples to each of my members.

Once it was just us on stage we continued with our encore. We bit the apples and showed them to the camera. It was fun! I always tried to picture this moment when I found out that I was going to be MC. I'm glad it finally happened.

⋅ ── ⋆⋅୨୧⋅⋆ ── ⋅

I can't believe Weverse Con is happening this week we are all really excited and looking forward to it, especially Jay hyung because he is going to be showing something new in one of the performances we are preparing.

He has been practicing to play the guitar at the event and he is really good at it, we all always praise him for that. Right now we are having the last rehearsal before going to the place in which we will perform for sound check in two days.

"Practice the cover once again. I'm seeing some parts that are still off." Our choreographer says while focusing his eyes on each of us.

"Okay." We all agree and get back to our initial positions.

After practicing for hours we are finally done and now we dance the cover flawlessly, that according to the choreographer. That is like such and achievement for us since he is kind of a perfectionist when it comes to performances.

Now we are going to get the elevator that will take us to the parking lot so we can leave the building. As we walk, I constantly look around in hopes of casually seeing her. I know it's late but she may still be here.

"Who are you looking for?" Heeseung hyung asks me while placing a hand on my shoulder.

"No one." I answer him immediately. He just nods his head and accepts my answer without question.

The past days I've find myself doing this, looking for her everywhere I know she might be. I'm not exactly sure about why I'm doing this. The other night I even had a dream about this situation so now I always try my best to seem indifferent when I'm with her and there are more people around.

The dream went something like this: I was walking with my members just like now but in the hallway near her group's practice room and of course I started to scan every inch of the place when suddenly someone approached me from behind.

"She is not here." I flinched a little. I turned and I saw Sunoo hyung.

"What?" I asked nervously. How does he knows? How would he know?

"When we had a break, you know I got out of the room for some time. Well, I bumped into them and I heard them talking about going to film in the meeting rooms. They must be there right now." he explained whispering so that the others wouldn't hear us.

"Ah... who?" I try to seem confused about what he said but I think it's definitely not working since he seems to know more than I would like him to.

"You like her, don't you?... don't answer me if you don't want to." he nudged me while smiling before leaving me behind.

"How do you..." I asked him before he walked further away.

"I've seen the way you look at her!" He screams turning for a moment, then he kept walking.

"We all have noticed it." Jake hyung told me which surprised me since my eyes were only focused on Sunoo hyung. That was when I woke up.

I've read somewhere that dreams reflect your current thoughts or even they are like warnings, I'm not completely sure but I think this one wanted me to know that I need to be more careful so that my glances don't draw anyone's attention. I don't want anyone to know my true feelings before me. I want to figure this out myself.

If Sunoo hyung is right... well, if the Sunoo hyung in my dream is right then... no that can't be. I mean I do think she is beautiful... but when you truly like someone it has to do with a lot more than that, right?

"Right!" Ni-ki says as he plays with Jake hyung. By now we are already in the elevator and their bickering wanders me off my thoughts. It's like with what Ni-ki just said answered me.

I know that we aren't exactly strangers, I mean we don't know each other as well as we know our team mates but I think that comes with time. I remember that a few months ago we would rehearse the script and then we just leave without saying anything but now we stay more time to talk so we are always getting to know new things about the other.

For example the other day she told me that when she was a little girl she wanted to be a kindergarten teacher because she thought that it was the easiest job on earth. She later found out how much of a work little kids are so she gave up on that idea.

"I think you also need a lot of energy to teach them while also taking care of them." I told her once she finished her story.

"You're right. Now every time I remember that, I really ask myself: What was I thinking?" She chuckled.

"The other day Sunoo hyung and I went to film with two kids, you know. It was fun but in the end we were really tired, they even made us do cartwheels and the little girl played with our hair." I smiled remembering that afternoon.

"Really? How cute!" She laughed and then asked when the video was going to be released so that she can watch it.

Then I told her that I used to think just like her about being a kindergarten teacher. Back when I was in kindergarten as I observe the teachers I thought that it was the their job was definitely the best.

We found it funny that we both used to think the same about being kindergarten teachers so we even try to picture ourselves as such. I'm glad we are having a more fluent interaction, now we even joke together. She is really fun to be with.