Chapter 12 - Ghost (Part 1)

"I don't know you," Helia said, as if to assure herself she was delusional

"I don't know you," Helia said, as if to assure herself she was delusional. "But you sound and feel like Stone, except for your dark magic." Mention of his brother's name eased a purr out of his lips that vibrated against her neck and had him opening his jaw to pant her scent. If he didn't focus on that, he'd return to the idea of sinking his fangs into her soft flesh. "Are you Ghost?"

Ghost froze on his name for only a moment, sifting through his dreams of Stone until he remembered some of the first words his brother had said to her. Stone had mentioned Ghost once, and Helia had remembered. Such attention to small details had him trailing a hand up the side of her face and cradling her chin as he pressed his cheek to hers once more.

"Yes, Helia Cinder." Ghost spoke the words against the edge of her lips, grazing their side with the barest of touch.

"I-I see," Helia said into the bricks, her arms trembling under his hand as he ran it down to her fingers but not at all in fear. The scent around her was quite similar to Talamayas when he thought too hard. Helia was trying to piece together his existence and reconcile it with Stone's. "Stone called you his other half." It was a question, though not worded with the normal inflection, leaving him open to remain silent.

Ghost didn't want to be though. For the first time in his life, he craved to speak only so that it would illicit more of Helia Cinder's sweat cadence. "Stone and I are two sides of the same coin," Ghost did his best to explain, though it was difficult. "Though the void has temporarily severed our connection, within, we are one."

"Not following," Helia ground out, mostly in frustration at lack of understanding but not much for her current situation. After she'd learned who he was, her tense body had relaxed into his, softening under his fingers and waiting patiently for this to make sense. It was so pleasant to have her slightly shorter form curled into his chest that he closed his eyes to soak it in as he spoke.

"While Stone and Ghost are my physical manifestations, within, there is only one mind, one life force. I see and feel as Stone does, though with our damaged connection, we do not share thoughts and only one of us seems to be able to maintain consciousness at a time."

Helia tilted her head as she processed, crawling a hand up the bricks as she put the words together. "So you're saying that you experience everything Stone does." The words came out tightly, and Ghost knew why. "Even..."

"I can recall every line of your pale skin that you revealed, yes," Ghost whispered into her neck, sliding his lips down to the hollow between her throat and shoulder. "Recall every gasp or moan to my touch, each roll of pleasure through your body as you sat on my lap and wound your fingers into my hair."

"Thanks for clarifying in such... detail," Helia squeaked the words, and Ghost chuckled from her nervousness. Aside from with Stone, Helia was so composed and not easily ruffled. "Do you have your memories?" The words trickled from her lips, the tepid fear saturating her thick aura of magic as she started to fully understand what his presence meant.