Chapter 23- Rodney (Part 1)

"Rodney," a voice he knew and craved snapped his eyes open, and Illiam Silver stood before him in the surrounding shadows, his gentle jade eyes glowing as he smiled

"Rodney," a voice he knew and craved snapped his eyes open, and Illiam Silver stood before him in the surrounding shadows, his gentle jade eyes glowing as he smiled. Silver hair ran from his head to his hips over grey and white interchanging panels on his suit coat. His sire. The only man who'd loved and protected him with everything he'd had, even throwing away his life just so that he could live this tortured life for a few years longer.

"Illiam," Rodney ran to him, but Illiam held up a pale hand to stop him. Rodney paused, looking around to figure out why his sire had bid him halt. "What is it, master?" Rodney asked, patiently waiting, but the eventuality of feeling the man's arms around him drove excitement and downright elation through him.

"This way is death, Rodney," Illiam said, though not as a threat, more as a kind, yet cautionary warning.

"That is fine," Rodney said, a hopeful smile lifting his lips. "I wish you had let me go with you, but I am happy to join you now... if you would still have me."

Illiam chuckled, teasing Rodney with what could be his if he joined his sire in the void. Happiness, a place by his master's side, and peace, finally relief. "I don't think he wants you to die, Rodney." Illiam gestured with a hand, and Rodney turned to Talamayas Sol standing right behind him.

Dark crimson eyes shined with anything but welcome, and Rodney took a step closer to Illiam. Talamayas reached out, and Rodney was too slow to avoid his claws thrusting into his chest, grabbing his heart and squeezing it with a vicious growl. A deranged laugh chased Rodney as Talamayas dragged him away from Illiam, away from his master, his happiness, and his end.

"No!" Rodney growled, flushing his magic at the man, and Talamayas' grip loosened just that much. "Illiam, please help me!" Rodney turned back to his sire and realized his hand was clutching his master's shirt, the soft white silk caressing his fingers just as Illiam did with a hand to his face. "I don't want to leave you!" Tears poured out of Rodney's eyes, and Talamayas hold lessened, the man's fingers slipping from his ribcage one at a time.

"Rodney," Illiam said his name gently, and then lowered his face to his. A pleasant chill caressed Rodney's forehead as his master kissed it, and Rodney relaxed as Illiam touched his chest. "I think you're forgetting someone more important than all three of us. Take the time to remember him, and if you still want death, I will be here.

Illiam ripped Rodney's fingers from his shirt and shoved him into Talamayas. The claws returned, cutting deep into Rodney's chest, and Talamayas gave him one last smile as he yanked, snapping the bones and sinew that kept the beating organ inside of him. Rodney fell, sinking into the darkness as Talamayas held his heart in his hand, blood dripping out around him.

There had been so much blood the day he'd lost his house and home, his master, and the memory of it rushed into clear view in front of him.