Chapter 24 - Rodney

"Rodney, wake up," Horus' voice had him groaning and rolling over under a heavy film like a blanket

"Rodney, wake up," Horus' voice had him groaning and rolling over under a heavy film like a blanket. Opening his eyes took too much effort, and he still felt warm hands pulling him back into sleep. They were so welcoming, and the memory of Illiam had him falling harder. "Rodney!" Horus' voice was a low growl that ran his spine with goosebumps, and he could feel hot breath on his face.

Rodney forced his eyes open, and the space around him was dark as night. It took his eyes a moment to adjust, but he found himself in Horus' basement room, the one he used when he wanted to be as far from his father as possible. There wasn't much here save a bed, a wardrobe, and a pile of workout equipment and discarded clothes. The potent scent of alcohol made it to his nostrils, and he cringed as he found a pile of bottles stacked on the floor.

"Did you have a cabinet of Jack Daniel's expiring or something?" Rodney asked with a near laugh, but he barely finished what he was saying before Horus cut off his words with his lips on his. Anything Rodney had intended to say died in his throat as Horus' hands dove into Rodney's hair and slid down the side of his face.

A gasp of breath from unsaid words escaped as Horus pulled back, and Rodney's entire body shivered as hot lips landed on his throat. Somehow he was having a very good dream, and he was like to kill anyone who woke him. The last thing he remembered was Talamayas holding his face as he forced him to keep his blood down, yet somehow he was here.

"I may have gotten completely plastered when you left." Horus deep voice vibrated against his throat as his lips lingered there. "Destroyed the gym, went through every bottle I had in the pantry. It takes a lot of liquor to knock a mage down. Your face is positively swimming right now."

Horus laughed against him, dragging his powerful fingers across Rodney's cheek before he lifted his face to nibble his earlobe. A high-pitched whine that had to be Rodney's escaped his lips as Horus opened whatever Rodney was wearing with a push of his hand. It was some sort of robe, plush enough to be something Rodney might own, but it wasn't his. Nothing felt near as heavenly as Horus' warm fingers scraping down his chest.

"I was sober when Stone's freaky clone brought you in, but then I couldn't wake you. You were ice cold no matter how much I pressed my body to yours." Horus shifted, bare down to the waistband of his pants and hovering over Rodney where he lay on his back. "You're warm now."

Horus' weight leaning onto his body had Rodney daring to lift a hand up to touch Horus' hair. It ran his scalp in soft spikes, devoid of any hair gel or sprays, and Rodney couldn't help but stuff his face into it as Horus rested on him. One good inhale was all it took to send a spike of arousal between his thighs.

With nothing but a robe on, he was naked as the day he came into this world, and Rodney dropped his gaze to Horus' bare chest hanging above him. The first time they'd met, Rodney had not been fond of how hard Horus was under him, but he'd never complain about him on top. The weight and heat of his body had Rodney sinking comfortably into the bed with a moan that he wished he'd kept inside.