Chapter 42 - Wren (Part 1)

Wren was very much pretending he wasn't freaking out inside of his head as he looked at his mate, but he was pretty sure the possessive vampire urge thing was contagious

Wren was very much pretending he wasn't freaking out inside of his head as he looked at his mate, but he was pretty sure the possessive vampire urge thing was contagious. It had taken him a quick search of the castle to locate Talamayas' magic and he'd found it in a wing that was nearly empty of any barracks for the Sols. A few humans had quarters down the hall, but the room Talamayas had chosen was isolated. A little demon in his head whispered that maybe he'd wanted the privacy, what with his face in a pair of tits.

The red-headed devil was dressed in nothing but a robe, her naked thighs peeking out of both that and the covers. Her hands were wrapped around Talamayas head to hold him and her lips sat perilously close to his forehead. Perhaps he shouldn't have told Ghost he was all right on his own. What exactly was he do in this situation? The woman was a mage, no doubt, a powerful one by the strong, even flow of light magic under her skin, but Wren had never met nor seen her. So she must be young.

Which made Wren that much more upset.

By the time he managed to take a step in the room and close the door so no one saw their master like this, his light magic was fluctuating dangerously under his skin. It's not like she'd be harmed if he shoved her on the floor. Before the thought could properly materialize, a growl of threat had him backing into the door, so low and vicious that Wren knew it would be his death if he attacked the woman.

What near stunned him off his feet was that it was Vice who appeared in front of the woman in a crouch, fangs bared, and only half dressed in a pair of light pants. As soon as Vice realized who he was growling at, he dropped the expression and then disappeared from the bed only to reappear in front of Wren. With a half bow and some seriously drowsy grey eyes, he stood up straight and inhaled the scent of Wren's aggression before he looked back to Tala and the woman.

"Please forgive Helia Cinder," Vice asked with a real bow of his head. "Talamayas came into her room in search of me, distraught and in tears. I tried to help Talamayas, but was unable to console him. Helia is abnormally kind for a Cinder and offered herself without knowing quite how much Talamayas would cling to her. She thought her light magic might help, but really Talamayas is just completely smitten with her."

That was supposed to make him feel better?

"Not romantically," Vice said quickly, a blush coloring his dark skin as he brought his hands in front of himself and fiddled with them. "As the woman who I wish to take as my mate." The words were so quiet no one a foot from Wren would have been able to hear, and Wren lost any and all jealousy.

Talamayas was emotionally brain dead when it came to people, so if Helia was Vice's then he would treat her as he would Vice. Meaning he would get way too close for comfort, and he would love her beyond reason, but Vice was right in saying that not a speck of it would be romantic. Vice and Talamayas had a uniquely close relationship, sharing all of themselves with each other and feeling near identically toward things. As such, who Vice loved, so did Tala. Wren let out a long sigh as he rubbed the bridge of his nose.