Chapter 19 - Helia (Part 2)

Stone smile was so warm and affectionate that inner dread surface within her despite it all

Stone smile was so warm and affectionate that inner dread surface within her despite it all. There was no way a man this perfect didn't have loved ones waiting for him, a master, a lover, and friends who wouldn't look twice at her before stealing him away. Ghost had kissed her, though with the weight of a feather, but he'd been reverent of her because she'd saved his brother. Who was to say if he had a mate waiting at home but had just been too embarrassed to say it to her.

"Have you changed you mind?" Stone retreated his hands from her, giving her space as he sensed her sinking mood.

"No, Stone. I was just thinking that you have to have some lady out there pining for your return. I just—"

"There is no one but you, Helia." Stone cradled her face with a single hand and kissed her lips with languid cherish, enjoying the emotional connection without any lustful invading of her mouth. It just made her hotter in desire for a man so pure that she knew she didn't deserve him. Stone inhaled her heightening lust with a sudden, sinister upward flick of his lips. "I need all of you, now, quickly, before I lose my chance at such bliss."

Stone replaced his knee with his groin as he lowered himself onto her, and the weight of his body as he ground against her, had her breath shuddering as she trembled in anticipation. Shoving the layers of her mage bottom up above her waist, Stone slipped a single finger into her underwear and dragged them down her legs before tossing them to the side. Neither of them were getting full naked with Pyre around the corner, but Helia wasn't complaining about Stone's open shirt, covering his arms in ripples of loose black silk before baring his chest to below his navel. The volume of golden skin only multiplied as he relieved his legs of his pants.

Before she got a front and center shot of his erection, Stone fell on her, pushing the breath from her lungs as he flattened her with the weight of his muscled body. The closeness smothered her senses with the scent of dry sand that she could never explain. It clung to him no matter what he wore or how he showered or changed, like he just exuded the dessert. A low groan of desire slipped her lips as she fought his weight to gasp his essence in.

"Am I too heavy?" Stone asked, lifting half his body with an elbow, but she couldn't get words out as his length split her lower lips open before continuing on to graze her stomach. Moisture dripped between her thighs, and Helia wrapped them around Stone as she touched his face and nuzzled her nose to his.

"No, I like it." Helia wriggled in his arms to rub her nipples against the hard muscles that squished them, and a purr vibrated Stone's chest as he ran a rough hand down her side, trailing the skin with pressure until he landed on her hip.

"Good." Stone snapped his teeth together with the word, and the downright mischief as he lay back on her was too much. "Let me know if you need me to move," Stone whispered into her neck as he rubbed his thumb against her lips. Helia opened her mouth to nibble on it, and Stone mimicked her with his teeth on her throat. "I'd kiss you, but it won't be enough. Not nearly."