chapter seven - vanilla shampoo

bex and nick had just gotten back to the thompson house after their shift. they had only just gone their separate ways moments ago when bexley comes running into nicks room. she tosses her body on the pull out couch next to her friend with a large grin.

"hey." she giggles and pulls out her phone from her pocket.

"hey?" nick laughs lightly with a small furrow of her brows. "what's up?"

bexley opens her phone and pulls something up as she talks to nick. "so you know how we always have matching halloween costumes?"

"vaguely."

she scoffs at her. "ok, yeah, whatever. anyways so i was thinking," she turns her phone around to face nick. "ghost face. obviously like hot ghost face cause i'm not about to wear a hot ass robe in this weather." rolling her eyes she continues. "and i know technically this isn't halloween it's just jeremy's stupid costume dance, but i think we should do it."

nick nods her head with a smile.

growing up her and bexley would always love watching scary movies. the first one they ever watched was the original scream. that's the day bex fell in love with billy loomis and the day nick peed her pants in fear. though, as they grew older they started to watch much scarier movies but for some reason that one cheesy film was always their favourite.

at nicks smile bex jumps up slightly with her eyebrows raised. "you like it?"

"yeah," nick laughs. "i love it."

bex squeals and rolls onto her back, her cheeks hurting from her smile. "i knew you would!"

laughing nick nods. "hot ghost face!" she holds her fist out for bex to bump, and she does, almost instantly.

after their giggles slowly fade out, nick slowly pushes herself off the bed.

"i'm gonna go get a snack. want anything?"

thinking for a moment bex nods her head. "yeah, can you grab me some chips," nick nods and begins to walk out the door when bex continues. "and a lemonade please."

laughing she shoots her friend a thumbs up and then makes her way into the kitchen.

bex lays there, propped up against some pillows, mindlessly scrolling in her phone when shes pulled away by a knock on the door.

she looks up and meets the site of landon leaning against the door frame with his hands in his pockets.

"hey?" she greets but as more of a question.

he removes his hand from one of his pockets but keeps it low as he waves before walking inside the room. "hi."

the boy walks into the room and starts searching through his sisters drawers. bexley, being the nosy person she is asks him.

"what are you doing?"

he moves to the desk at the other end of the room, opening and searching through drawers.

"your mom." he jokes then immediately freezes and turns around. "i'm so sorry, i forgot-"

bexley smiles and raises her hands, shushing him. "shut up. your good." she laughs lightly causing his discomfort to fade into a smile. "what are you looking for?"

he turns away to face the closet and hesitates. "uh, nothing." he says nervously. now smirking bexley pushes herself to sit at the edge of the bed.

"ugh. your no fun." she huffs and falls to her back.

he bends down to pull out a drawer that sat on the bottom of molly's dresser. "it's really nothing interesting."

"come on, landon. you can tell me. you owe me after making fun of my dead mom."