chapater nine - dance with me

the car ride was full of random scream references from ed and a laughing bex as she understood almost all of them. landon though, was left confused as he had only ever seen the third one with his sister once.

once they pull up to the school landon and bexley both unbuckle their seat belts and slid out. ed rolls down his window and bex leans on it.

"i'll be right back." she jokes with a smile and ed laughs loudly and points a finger at her. pushing herself off she turns around to walk with landon.

"be safe! see you guys later." ed calls after them. bex turns around and gives him a small wave and landon just holds out a thumbs up.

they walk silently into the building as they listen to the echoing laughter and music from the gym. as the duo rounds the corner they see a small line of people being fined to get in by nick and molly.
rolling their eyes at their siblings they get in the back of the line.

waiting in the line bex and landon hit each others arms with the masks. they took them off once they got into the car because they were challenging to see out of. without realizing it they were at the front of the line and becky cleared her throat to get their attention.

nick was a little surprised to see her friend matching her costume with someone else but she couldn't really blame her as she canceled only hours before the dance.

before becky could speak nick quickly jumped in-front. "all good, go ahead." she smiles.

"oh hell no. those outfits are incredibly insensitive to the families of murder victims." becky shakes her head at them in disapproval.

bex raises her eyebrows at her and looks over to nick who laughs awkwardly. "becky, i really think this one can slide."

"no. there not going in without a fine." she scoffs.

rolling her eyes bex grabs landon's wrist and pull him to try and pass the girl. becky though, is quick to step in front to block their path.

"it would normally be five, but since your being so difficult and insulting it'll be ten dollars, each." she smirks with an arrogant shrug.

bex leans closer to her face and grits her teeth. "you would normally have five seconds to get the fuck out of my way before i get physical, but since your being a large pain in my ass you have two."

becky's eyes go wide but she stays put.

"one." bex says with a serious expression on her face. she releases her grip from landon's wrist and brings her hand in front of her, rolling her shoulders. just as bex was about to speak becky scurries out of the way and by the table. tilting her head with a smile she sighs. "perfect. bye have a good night." she sends becky a fake smile and waves mockingly as she continues down the hall.

as landon and bex get closer to the gym the louder the music is. the floor slightly vibrates beneath them due to everyone stomping around.

entering the dimly lit gym that has a purple hue to it a couple boys walk up to landon.

"hey man, wanna come hang with us?" one of the boys, a taller one with black hair, pats his shoulder and motions his head to the larger group behind him.

looking back over at bex landon hesitates. "uh, no sorry. maybe later." he says looking back at them with a apologetic smile.

"come on bro we barely see you anymore." a shorter blonde groans.

landon gives them an 'i'm sorry' shrug and puts his hands in his pockets.

rolling his eyes the taller one speaks. "ok whatever, see ya later."