[29.1] INTER-COLORS MATCH: GREEN VS SILVER (part-two)

•|•|•

"The boy from the hallway!"

•|•|•

MY GAZE FROZE on him, eyes watching his every move as he looked up at Andrew for a moment with a wide grin, as the boy settled beside him. Lucas Bowne was honestly one of the most attractive people I had ever seen in my life, and nice too- to some extent that is, my mind flashing back to that awkward moment when he told me what he had seen.

I brushed down my skirt instinctively, before looking back up, my eyebrows furrowing when I spotted Daya too, making her way down the exact row Lucas and Andrew were seated, and taking the space on his right, an immediate smile overtaking her features as Lucas leaned down to whisper something in her ear.

My gaze shifted away from the two after this, feeling a wave of disappointment flooding in, my heart sinking for a reason I was starting to hate. I looked over at Claire and she gave me an apologetic look that I couldn't quite decipher why.

Anyway, none of it mattered. Lucas Bowne was a sight to look at but I could not forget that he had gotten a glimpse of my underwear.

Hang me now.

The thought of it made me want to bury myself alive which is why I began to feel grateful I would probably never meet him again.

"Ugh," Lira scoffed from beside me, her eyes still focused on Lucas and Daya, "He could do a lot better," she muttered under her breath.

"What?" Claire echoed seemingly as confused as I was.

Lira shrugged leaning back, rolling her neck to the side cracking it with a sigh, "Lucas Bowne's here, that only means a shifter green must be fighting in the dome," she huffed.

When neither Claire nor I said anything, she rolled her eyes, "haven't you guys learned anything about shifters?" she asked.

'Mr. Ogustus taught us about Gigans and werewolves today,' I jotted down in my notebook handing it over to her with a proud smile. She cruised through, carelessly handing over the book to me.

"Good, then you know that Gigans are practically shifter royalty. Lucas happens to be a Gigan, therefore as you see, he is quite respected," she explained nodding in the direction of Lucas.

I looked his way for a moment, noticing how he indeed seemed to be the center of attention, but I mean who could blame him? The boy was undeniably attractive, he could have been the center of attention even if he was a mere human- like me.

"He usually only shows up for matches when a shifter's fighting," she explained.

I nodded at this, not quite sure if I had gotten it, but knowing I got the gist of it. My gaze timidly rose to the pair, this time Daya was giggling whilst he pushed a strand of her hair behind her ear.

Something so trivial and yet caused something to shift deep within me. I was no stranger to my feelings. I knew what I was feeling was a very raw first-grade jealousy as it seemed I had developed a crush on the Gigan boy.

How could I not?

He could sign for goodness' sake, and was super nice! It was practically written in the stars. But I was sure nothing would become of my so-called feelings because, I just wasn't the type to act on any kind of feelings and knew that if ever I did see him again, face to face, my face would overheat in embarrassment.

Furthermore, what was I going to do with a boyfriend? I could barely speak to a guy without feeling my insides lighting on fire.

OH, it was better this way.