BONUS CHAPTER UNLOCKED

•|•|•

Her magic is all an illusion

•|•|•

WITH DAYA still struck speechlessly, Harvest turned away, facing the front, jaw clenching, "Don't make me ask again," he grunted not sparing her another look before adding-

"You're assigned to me for the day, Do keep me waiting," he huffed, giving a short smile toward Miss Gisselle as she once again congratulated him, before looking back at Daya, but didn't do or saying anything, casually walking past her, dark and brooding as always.

Daya stood still, her throat dry, as Miss Giselle kept talking, only looking back up at the class when Miss Giselle mentioned her name,

"Thank you for coming to Daya, hopefully, next time we will get you to do something for the class, " she smiled earnestly.

Daya's distant gaze reached hers, seemingly confused for a second before realizing where she was, nodding and then offering a smile, that didn't reach her eyes before excusing herself.

Walking through the empty corridors, she paused for a  moment, trying to catch her breath, thinking back to Harvest's words.

Her jaw clenched, as did her fists, her gaze hardening, shaking her head momentarily.

The little mute she had for a roommate had pulled one on her. She had never thought that the shy, bashful little girl could have both Harvest and Lucas in her corner.

She chuckled at this, unable to believe that this was happening, all sounding like a bad joke to her, or like some sort of funny nightmare that she couldn't wake from.

First Lucas and now Harvest?

Her mind flashed back to the day she caught Harvest in her room with the mute. He had claimed to be waiting for her, something that she had found strange but brushed it off excitedly as progress she had been making with him.

All she wanted to do since she got to Kingsland was to have it under her rule. Every school she had been to before Kingsland, she had always succeeded, always been the golden girl.

Kingsland wouldn't certainly be any different. She already had the trust of the prime, excelling in almost everything she did.

Second to Harvest, though admittedly falling quite far behind, she could easily be described as the most advanced yellow on Kingsland, having exceptional control over her dilect.

Then, of course, she had been dating Lucas Bowne, who only elevated her status to basically queen and sweetheart of Kingsland.

But of course, she needed to solidify her position and make sure that no one else could even think of coming close, and that's why she fought to become Harvests' protege, which proved to be difficult because despite being from different colors, Harvest insisted to Gravis he would take on Raskei.

It didn't help that there was no rule against this.

But with the blood moon, the opportunity arose, and he had no choice but to finally take her own, a small victory on her part.

All that she needed to do since then was to make sure that Harvest fell for her, which should have been easy on her part.

If she could make someone she didn't exactly care about, fall head over heels in love with her, what more someone she was attracted to? Living for the games he put her through, quite determined to win.

Yes, she should have known something was wrong.

From the moment Harvest had chosen Talanda over her during the selection of houses.