BONUS CHAPTER UNLOCKED

•|•|•

If for some reason, I shift near the Scepters or the Kingdoms—it may become my hunting ground."

•|•|•

THE LIGHTS WERE BRIGHT, making it hard for Lucas Bowne to stare straight ahead to where Gravis was standing in the center of the Arena.

With his perfect eyes sight, it felt like looking directly into the sun. His posture was rigid, his shoulders feeling as if they weighed tonnes, breathing shallow, folding his arms as he looked to the side where Harvest came walking in, in long confident strides.

His signature black coat trailed behind him.

"You're Late," Gravis grunted out, his posture straight, shoulders back, staring at him as he paused a few feet away from where Lwangi and Rangi stood.

The twins momentarily glanced in Harvest's way, before looking back up at Gravis.

"I was busy, " Harvest grunted with a huff, "Helping someone," he finished, his hands slipping into his coat, "I believe that's what we are meant to be doing. Helping the helpless ...Right?-" he asked, eyes glancing at Lucas for a moment before trailing back to Gravis.

Lucas shook his head at the sound of his arrogant reply, with a low unamused grunt, as he turned back to face Gravis, trying to stop his eyes from falling asleep and the tiredness of his joints.

Gravis folded his arms, with a short huff, but didn't say a word, his eyes trailing back to the other three.

"I believe we all know why we are here, we have this meeting every year-" he began, his tone solid and firm as his eyes did a sweep of the people before him.

"It is that season again- the Crimson blood moon is just around the corner and soon the Inter Color Games will be on board. Therefore, the next two weeks will be hectic, and with a schedule like that, someone's going to be putting up a bit of mischief somewhere," he grunted.

"I do not have a mind to repeat myself so.." he trailed off his eyes falling on the twins, "I hope you all know your part in making sure that these two events are correctly handled- and what it could mean if you fail-"

Rangi nodded, eyes on Gravis firmly, "Yes, Of course,' he replied, his hand tightly on his staff as his brother straightened his Agbada (a massive wide-sleeved wide-shouldered flowing robe), "My brother and I will take charge of the wall, make sure that the fire oranges keep the wall up,-"

"And also make sure they are given shifts so that the firewall never goes out for the duration of the blood moon," Lwangi added.

"And why is that?" Gravis asked raising an eyebrow at the twins.

Lwangi pursed his lips, glancing momentarily at Lucas- "Because if the Gigan or the Amaroq crosses over from the forest, the events could be"

"Catastrophic" Lucas finished, eyes raising to meet Gravis, holding his gaze.

Gravis nodded at the answer though his eyes never left Lucas, " What is your part to play and the consequence of it not being fulfilled?" he asked.

"I know what to do. I do it every year, Gravis.." Lucas gritted.

"Humour me, Bowne."

Lucas straightened his back, though the hooded look on his straightened jaw remained.

He was reluctant to speak but began, "before the blood moon, I am to head to the furthest part of the island,- during the shift, whether I have control or not, I should try my best to remain on the other half of the island," he paused pursing his lips, before looking back up at Gravis, if for some reason, I shift near the Scepters or the Kingdoms-" his jaw ticked eyes trailing to the ground, "it may become my hunting ground."

Gravis grunted at this, a silence traveling over the place before he turned to Harvest, their eyes meeting, "Adams, part and consequence?" he ordered.

Harvest seemed to be uninterested as he spoke, "I am to make sure the shifters by deception remain out of the vicinity of Fare-born forest- or else they may find the need to shift to the Amaroqs call," he grunted.

"You also need to make sure that Roman and the other fire oranges have their dilect returned in time for the event. We need as many experienced fire Oranges as possible. We can recruit some reds as well."

Harvest nodded, his eyes on Gravis as their work was divided-

"During the week, Lwangi and Rangi you will be tasked with finding sufficient fire oranges and reds, after that, you will be tasked with training them-Bowne, for now, I'm sure all the deceptions under you know the rules- but in case they don't if need be, use the Alpha tone, especially to the new ones these cycles.

"Adams," he turned to the yellow, "how are the sessions with Daya Lawrence going? Do you think she is ready? I did notice that with the Inter color Match for the Kings trials she was busy with the combat sessions, I trust you still found the time?"

Harvest momentarily glanced at Lucas who clenched his jaw but did not give in the urge to look back at him, eyes still ahead, though posture rigid due to the loss of energy as his mind broke down.

"We managed to squeeze a few sessions in, despite our busy schedules she seemed to... always find the time," he replied back, he twins momentarily glancing his direction, but Lucas kept his gaze low, his jaw ticking, "It's truly remarkable how good she is at time management."

Lucas breathed out lowly, trying to steady himself.

He knew quite well their sessions should have been completed a month ago. It may have begun that way, but it couldn't still be the same. He knew Daya quite well.

She was smart and a fast learner, if anything, she could have had it mastered in a few weeks. He pursed his lips, exuding a calming breath, to keep his thoughts in order.

"Good, her dilect will be of great help," Gravis added, "she will keep the other shifters in order as you will."

Lucas' eyes shot up to Gravis at the sound of this. His heart beating soundly within him.

This means that for the first time in four years, he was going to do this without her calming him. She wouldn't be there for him, no she would be with Harvest, above all people.

He glanced momentarily at Harvest, shaking his head as he looked forward, trying his best to hear what it was Gravis was talking about now, whilst fighting that inevitable sinking feeling.

•~•

Well now.

•~•