[147] FEILD PRACTICE INTERCOLOR GAMES (part-two)

•|•|•

Choose Again.

•|•|•

His eyebrows arched for a moment as he kept my eyes prisoner, whilst I remained still and emotionless as the rigid feeling crawled down my back.

He released me from his gaze when he looked back at his colleagues, and I took this moment to catch a breath feeling washed out.

My breathing was ragged and the machine that I called a heart wouldn't stop racing within me. Those eyes.

Could it?

Was it possible?

"Are you okay?" David lowly whispered, glancing down at me as the whispers around us died down.

My head snapped up from my shaking hands tucking them away from view before nodding.

My throat felt tight, but I forced myself to look back up,  only to catch those stormy eyes looking at me as if trying to figure out something.

When I pursed my lips, they dropped to them at that slight action, and somehow that made my heart skip a beat, even when he looked away, pursing his lips.

My eyes then traveled to the rest of the people who were on the stage. There were no prime at this gathering it seemed, but I did spot a secondary from our Crossing, The Originals, and the mentors per cycle.

Wait-

Where was Lucas?

My eyebrows arched, tiptoeing slightly so that I could have a better look over the heads of people as I was considerably short.

This action boosted me enough to confirm that the tall natural, silky long-haired boy was nowhere to be seen. I felt a little bit sad at the thought of him not being around. No doubt it was because of the Blood Moon.

The thought of him secluded and all alone, in quarantine in the Armory tower, made me feel even worse, my gaze shifting at nothing, in particular

I folded my arms when I remembered Rangi and Lwangi's conversation in the Library.

He was broken-hearted and all alone.

Now more than ever, he needed to be around people, but from what I could gather, that was not at all safe, given that his Gigan was lethal.

I had to step up and be a friend, the friend he had always been to me.

I let out a short breath at this, puffing my cheeks, only looking up when all the whispers finally turned back to silence.

I was surprised to see Harvest taking the lead this time.  Usually, Lucas was the one to do the addressing.

This was quite understandable given the fact Harvest was not one to willingly apply for attention, however, that opinion immediately changed when he spoke, his tone dark and demanding, requiring, or should I say, demanding the uttermost attention as well as respect.

"The field Practice Inter Color Games Begin in the next hour," he stated, his tone low and yet loud, British accent bent on each word, which must I say, only made everyone want to listen more.

I could tell by the crisp silence around me.

"If you are from earlier cycles, you are familiar with the Game, If you happen to be from lower cycles, well," he paused eyes traveling around the mass of students, "then this day is for you," he stated.