22

THE KING
~ Arabella's pov ~

Annoyance is all I felt during my moments with my mother and sister. Neither of them knew style nor to hush when we were out in public. I tagged along with my mother and Serena to fit into a dress that Serena wished for her wedding. This was important for her, so I kept my mouth shut during my walk with the two.

Bridger and Oden came along as well and I kept receiving longing, blissful stares from him as we walked in and out of shops. Serena was very talkative during her search for a dress all while I stayed behind with the boys.

Although, I kept noticing the way Bridger nearing Serena, but making sure that no one could realize. I could, and frankly, Oden could too by the way he held a smirk toward his friend.

Suddenly, Serena of all people gasps aloud and walks to a nearby dress that is the perfect color that she wished for her bridesmaids to be.

She looks toward mother in hope. "This is the perfect color, Mother." Serena then faces me, biting on her lower lip from squealing, she says to me. "You have to get this fitted."

"Perhaps, another shop would be suitable? I think you are moving too quickly in picking out-"

"Arabella, please." She closes her eyes as she begs me not to start with her on such.

I sigh, turning around to find a tailor who can fit me. The lady escorts me onto a step to prop me in front of an gold, elegant mirror as mother and Serena look around the shop as they wait for me.

"Bridesmaid?" The owner of the shop questions with a smile. She had pins stuck in her hair to hold them while a pencil is behind her ear with her hair piled into a bun ontop of her head.

I give her a polite smile. "For my sister. She is to be wedded soon."

"Ah, big day coming ahead. I am sure you all are happy for her?"

"I am," I say. "I would rather prefer her to find another man to marry, but it is her choice."

The lady eyes me as if she knows what kind of situation I have been put in. I am a sister who cares for her family.

"I think we all have the right to decide who we wish to marry, but sometimes it is good to have other's opinion on such matter. I can tell you love your sister dearly, but if this makes her happy, then I would not want to make her saddened even more so." The lady speaks with such care. As if she knew how to handle a situation as I am in. She has probably been there more times than I can count.

"What if it is not about happiness, but for protection?" I ask her as she rounds my body, taking measurements.

"Do what is right for you and your family. If you do not like this gentleman, make your sister understand," she exclaims. I want to scream at the top of my lungs at how badly I have tried to make her see. To come to terms with such.

"There..." She says. "I have your measurement and I think I have your size in the back."

"Thank you," I tell her kindly. She sends a swift wink, proceeding to march to the back of her shop to fetch my right size.

Serena walks over to me, holding onto my arm. "Everything going well?"

"It is just fine," I answer. "She is checking the back, she says she has a size for me."

"I am so thrilled you have decided to come to terms with this. I know it is hard for you, but I hope you can understand how happy I am." Her voice is held with so much comfort and happiness, it was too much to think of how Sir Kingsley could break it into many pieces when I tell her the news of what happened.