24

THE KING
~ Third person's pov ~

Sir Kingsley's royal ball has just begun, and every corner of the ballroom was filled with people from the village and high in the town. Music is play aloud with violins in the corner of the room as couples from afar come together in the middle of the ballroom to dance.

Serena Houstings has been lurking around the ball, ignoring every stare she received since entering upon the home. Oden is not too far from her stance and she begins to near him, he looks down at her, proceeding to look ahead again.

"Good evening, Miss Houstings," Oden greets her, placing his hands behind his back.

Serena holds a tasty wine in her hands, twirling it around. She smirks upon Oden, she has noticed that the gentleman cannot take his eyes off her sister as she roams the ballroom with an uamused expression.

Arabella was not much of an partier, but she struck out the most to Oden it seemed. Serena realized that the two have been quite close since Oden has started working for her family and she cannot shake the feeling about them.

What is it about these two? She thought.

The otherside of the ballroom stands Arabella whom accompanies her mother. Her mother notices her boring state and offers a glass of wine to her. "You should dance with a gentleman, I see a few that is lurking upon you."

"I would prefer to stand here in peace, thank you." Arabella gives her mother a fake smile, sarcasm written in those words of hers.

Her mother lets out an audible gasp. "You will never find a husband with this attitude of yours."

"Good," Arabella murmurs. Arabella is not held behind, she can clearly see a gentleman staring at her from afar, wishing to walk up to her, she begs to herself that he should not. That is, until he starts to make his merry way over, his cheeks flushing red when approaching the beautiful girl.

"Good evening, lady Houstings," the gentleman greets and my mother gushes over the sweet gesture.

Arabella smiles dearly, plastering the fakest smile. "Good evening."

"I see no one has taken your hand..." He trails in hopes of her catching onto what he is referring.

"I am feeling quite ill, I do not wish for you to catch anything," Arabella excuses causing her mother to gasp aloud.

"Arabella!" She argues, turning to the gentleman. "I am terribly sorry, she is not good with talking to people."

Arabella shares a glare to her own mother- one that her mother ignores. The gentleman nods in understand, turning to Arabella. "It is alright to be shy, I am utterless myself by your beauty. I am Reginald, but you may call me Reggie."

"It is lovely to meet you, Reggie." Arabella nods politely to the poor gentleman that has to face such a family as hers. She decided to stop being such a rude lady and speak to the man.

As we trace back over to the other side of the ballroom, eyes linger across Arabella's form, watching her speak to a gentleman and Oden seizes with anger, burning with jealousy. Serena catches on, gently smirking to herself, figuring out that this certain gentleman has feelings for her sister.

"He is lovely, wouldn't you say?" Serena speaks to Oden, eyeing the gentleman who is speaking with her sister. "Perfect match for my sister."

"Match?" Oden snorts distastefully. "I would beg to differ."

"No?" Serena replies. "Then who would you say would be a perfect match?"

"Not a soul in this ballroom," Oden answers in a grit tone, clenching his jaw when watching the man lay out his hand for Arabella. Oden's hands are fisting behind his back, cutting the blood from circulating.