XXII

Carl held out the piece of bread, which Negan just tskd at.

"A lonely bread slice, okay, yeah that'll make up for your complete lack of any kind of nutrition at all for the last 24 days."

"Wow, someone was counting. And what's it to you?"

Negan shrugged. "Can't a man care about another man, Carl? I'm hurt." He feigned with mock devastation.

"Whatever. If I eat this, will you just fuck me and let me go on my way?"

Negan cocked his head to the side. "So, not that I'm complaining that you're so eager to fuck, but- why are you so eager to fuck?"

There was a momentary pause, and then Carl shrugged.

"Okay. I'll make you a deal." Negan said lightly.

"A deal?" He was met with his usual, now very familiar glare from Carl.

"Fuck yeah. You were too eager. Can't show you got something to lose, ya know?" He clapped his hands together and smiled brightly at him, but Carl just continued his glare. Which was fitting, as this was how they spent the majority of their time nowadays.

"Anyways. You do something for me- and it's easy, don't worry, and then we can get busy."

"Um. Depends on what it is...."

"Well, get on the bed and I'll show you."

"Uh. Kay." Carl obediently hopped up on the bed and sat cautiously on the edge.

"Youuuuuu have to cuddle me." Negan leaned back triumphantly with an obnoxious smile, like he announcing the coolest shit on that had ever graced the planet. "For one half hour. That's it. Nothing else."

Carl almost laughed, but not quite. "No. Fuck you, I'm out, no way." And he immediately jumped off the bed and headed towards the door, until he realized it was locked with a huff. God this was so fucking stupid.

"Really!?" Negan jumped on the bed. "You're acting like I just asked you to stab your other eye out!"

"That'd be preferable." Carl said, annoyed.

"Jesus Christ kid, you know how to hurt a mans feelings. C'mon...."

"No. No this is the dumbest shit you've ever asked me to do." Another eye roll. But he, to Negans utter shock, made his way over to the bed and laid down cautiously.

"Seriously? I made you sing me a fucking song when we first met and this is what you choose? This?" Negan laughed. He was now laying next to the kid, hovering slightly over Carl who was on his back, glaring at him.

"Well- Okay, no that was dumber." Carl said, looking up at him. Negan saw the smallest smile flit across his face. He was geeeeting somewhere.

"On your list of dumb shit, I think that's definitely at the top. And I didn't sing anything when we first met. When we first met you were busy threatening to chop body parts off of me, remember?" Carl laughed out. Negan felt the boy starting to relax into him a little as they bantered on.

"Oh shit, yeah!" Negan laughed back. "Yeah that was a good one. Probably your eye, right?"

"Something along the lines of cutting my eye out and feeding it to my dad? But wait, there's more- then you wanted to chop my arm off, because you're a fucking psychopath."

"Yeeeeh shit, you were such a fucking spitfire. Everyone else literally pissing their pants, and there you, literally 'just chop my hand off for the nice man daddy, please. You looked fan-fucking-tastic down on the ground, all compliant, you know that right? Almost did you right there." Negan mocked him, with another laugh.