Chapter 8

Thoughts circled my mind but that came to a end once I heard the gun shot.

💥Pow!💥

As if on cue, a scene comes to my mind. Soft green grass, trees that danced in the wind, beautiful blue skies with puffy white clouds which a person might think they were marshmallows, and rocky mountains across the horizon. This place I envisioned felt so peaceful and safe, free from anxiety, free from everything. Free from the everyday norm.

Before I could visualize farther I heard cracking sounds.

I turned my head to over were I heard the sound which in this case was behind me and saw a bullet in the wall.

Did the man miss?

An eerie, chuckle from the other side of the room spoke "Man! You should've seen your faces, ha!" Chaos wheezed. I looked over where Chaos stood with the the man, he had slightly tilted the gun upwards so the bullet would end up hitting no one.

What the heck?!

When Chaos looked at my confused expression he started laughing more, it got to that point where I was fed up with his mockery.

"Chaos, Do you think this is funny?" I say.

 "Yea, that's why I laughed", he snickered. The more he talks I get even more pissed.

"I've hurt maybe even killed innocent people, chased by a bunch of weirdos, broke into the White House, and many more crimes, you basically turned me into a criminal!" I yell while walking towards him.

"I'll be jail for the rest of my life because of YOU and YOU won't care because you're a heartless demon!" I angrily said while facing into his eyes with the same piercing glare.

He stood silent for a moment then he stated "If you don't want to be a criminal then leave".

My anger quickly turned into confusion "Huh?"

"You heard me if want to leave so badly then go", He explains with a monotone voice.

I can leave?!

"Yep!" Chaos says "But let me warn you, if you leave I won't hesitate to kill you the next time see you and this isn't me convincing you I'm just saying leave now and you'll be missing out on on the fun stuff~".

Fun?

Fun?

Da fuk? (☝︎ ՞ਊ ՞)☝︎

(Insert Author's brain melting here)

"Yes, leave and you'll go back to your normal life, your normal job. Everything will be the same every day. Unless step out of your comfort zone. And hang out with me~" His words was like his own bullets.

Fun?

I was so focused on my job I forgot to have fun, to enjoy life.

My job?

I remember that I had never had a job, I made myself save all these people I was never asked to do so but I it anyway.

Am I a slave to myself?

...

The sun shone from the horizon as the wispy light green grass reflected the sun's rays, the trees on the other hand let the sunlight flow through them. This land was beautiful though out the day and night, in the morning children would come out to play in the precious, empty fields, they would scream in joy as two adults worked in their cabin, this cabin was your home.

You were the oldest in the family meaning you had to busy, but growing up you always played the fields with your two younger siblings. Back then you knew how to enjoy your self.

(A/N: But it all changed when the fire nation attacked)

One beautiful day had begun and today was chore day meaning you had to work on various things all day. You had came back from the tiring day of work, and you wore a t-shirt which showed how sweaty you were, and some baggy pants.

Expecting to find the perfect sun, the light green grass, and triangular shaped mountains. But instead you stood in front of ashes, that day changed you into the person you are now. 

Only if I wasn't acting so aloof

Only if I worked harder

After the fire, which was caused by a neighbor pasting by who need help, which included fire. The town living close by helped put out the fire, but they could not save the family which their bodies were located inside huddled together hugging each each other.

"Guys look! There's a survivor!" A man searching yelled.

A 13 year old was kneeling in the ashes, staring at the ground, just staring, with heavy tears streaming down slowly.

After the fire, the child was taken in by another family, the child worked like they asked but did not speak, sometimes a "yep" or a "I'm fine". When the child grew to an age, they left with these words "I'm sorry, I've got to go, I've lost myself , I need to find myself again"

"I can help you find your self", The demon holds out his hand.

"Huh?"

(A/n: picture not mine)