normal- Courteney Cox

got my first request (hope you love it!) @kepnersgirlfriendʃ♡ƪ *lovely idea you gave, i hope i lived up to it<3

1,446 words (my first 1k!!!!)

---

An iconic intro was running that fully emerged your visual sense, the set of arms straddled around you keeping you stuck was held a scent of cinnamon and cardamon. While tuning into the silly cartoon even as middle-aged women, amused you. Reminiscent of a reflection wearing far less grey hair, you hadn't remembered a contempt face on your juvenile self similar to Coco's. When you couldn't hold your affection to Courteney with already long- day films and dark circled eyes, she had made it clear the withdrawal Coco felt through common child experiences.

It was a minor observation, that was the time of you two being recently together, happening almost seven years ago, you had still carried a sympathizing thump in your chest, having been in the movie industry for decades, the camera watching your characters' styles return to natural preferences when paparazzi decides to invade, hawking you till your smooth skin formed natural ripples, opinions were voiced like a mirror had yet to perk scientists. An overlooked normal that you wish you could feel the skin of, fame had a way of removing a persons physical being from enjoyable moments but you were naive back then, hung up on the pinky promises of dirty old men, but to watch the pages write for a girl innocent as Coco with little to no control, ached your heart. You had discussed this with Courteney always ending in a sad but true narrative.

 "We didn't choose this life, our talent forced it, so screw our gift" 

Screw our gift. You repeated that as the flames shot up to their short length, the wide kitchen stood in black clothes of eerie scum burned your nostrils, Coco with a kitchen cloth managing the rising as Courteney you flicking away the black hands that keeps your windows locked.

 "Honey, what happened" you walked back to hear her mom interrogating worriedly, an expression that read a bitterness and shadowed shame. "I was just trying to make pasta for my friends, mom" she snarked, Courteney pressing her hands to circle the girl's face "Baby you should have asked Ryan" Her look killed the fire alarm singing in the air, pushing back from the grasp "Yeah mom, cause were too famous to pick up a pot on our own" you rubbed your wife's tense shoulders, at shock at the normally nice girl "That's not what your mom meant C" the nickname seemed to channel whatever hormonal stick poked at her throat "I was talking to my real mom" she bit throwing the mittens to the tile floor, creating pounding on the stairs farming the direction to her room. You took no offense. The pure carbon diamond ring solidified your parental vice along with documents somewhere buried and recent affection shun her obvious spilling state to hurt whoever.

The pasta was now no good for any birds, you threw it kettling the handle into the dustbin giving a wondering telepath to Courteney questioning the outburst who just shook her head with a sigh looking over at the vacant spot where her daughter once occupied, the blaring of a slammed door sounded the penthouse.

【┘】

"I don't know what I'm doing wrong y/n" You were cuddled when she started in a lost voice. Your head secured on her chest, hearing the metaphoric noise of a breaking heart in a less poetic front. "It's not you Court, it's this life' you confessed 'what's that supposed to mean?" sounding as she racks over our accomplishments thus far. "This life we have is stressful as it is running around like headless hens to casting and whatever else, a child like that shouldn't be a robot like us, she should be youthful and free" you reported, taking a small sigh of breath "she gets to thread behind us to all these galas, we're fun people Y/n" she replied "it's not that Court, it's the standard society hold a literal sixteen year to, she gets scorned for basic teen trial and error" you had risen up from the soft pillows she was oh so blessed with, now watching her contorted face, reasoning. 

Deciding to further your point, you ran " The media watches all of us like we're anything but humans, we've gotten used to it,' you stopped, making your features more relevant as you stood a kiss away from her face "We've fought to get used to this life, Coco is just a teenager who wants normal, and we can't blame her" you finished, meeting a draft of silence. "Normal's overrated" she joked in a monotone. "and rather boring" adding. You kissed her cheek, longing on a smile "It is baby, but your daughter found a home in that boringness" whispering. "Our daughter" was all she spoke, your heart splinted at the correction holding an acceptance. "Yes, our daughter" You placed a passionate kiss falling to the side of the couch, dismissing all else even if for seconds.

【┘】Years later..

This night was the ending of a candle lit and butterflies messing your tummy of a date night. Hamper's brimmed with banter and loving etched into every hug she gave you one like you stumbling into her black, glass door like drunk teenagers, your hand pulling her charcoal hair and in return nibbles flutter all over your neck having you moaning like mad though sober as a stone, it was momentarily stopped by the unnoticed guess on your couch. "Ew moms, kid alert" you heard the low tone voice of what should've been said in a high-pitch whine, cutting away from each other's hold.

"C, I thought you'd be out," you said wiping your lip, "Just because I'm nineteen doesn't mean I can't have days to myself momma" you smiled at the pet name she began calling you. The once cold breese being shut, Courteney rested her purse on the nearby table, stepping down the three steps into the living room, heels spilling over to Coco where she kissed her cheek "Not what we meant darling, we just thought you'd be out adulting or vibing with ya gang" she spoke you laughed at her trying-to-fit-in-with-the-kids vocabulary. "You're not that old mom" Coco said, the speech of a James Bond movie tuned, from a final settle. "..I was going movies with Milla but i was informed that papara..zzi-" Stumbling from the buttery salt of popcorn filled her mouth lowering her first, already grappling more. "W..as ou..side the th.eatre" she finalized. You both exchanged looks of sadness.

The black dress you strut all night feeling constricting in the air-conditioned room, pondering if Courteney's red cleaved dress shrunk to her too "I'm sorry C" you apologized when you had no significant part> "It's fine momma, I'm used to it" she spoke eyes glued on the action and soundtrack playing. "For all its worth you shouldn't be, you should have an adult life and for the love of God.. privacy!" your blood pumping thin. "Well that really wasn't worth a lot," she said, head lowered. Both Courteney and you made a sandwich as you went over to offer the motherly comfort she had grown to depend on over time. "What if we run away and continue life like those Blue Lagoon movies.. just us and a beach" you joked, face falling to solace. "Agreed" you got a unison reply from your little family.

"We love you Co and we're sorry this life decided to choose us, but we will not allow them to tamper with you like some peeping Toms or stalkers" you comforted "..and you know what hurts the most, I offed Ryan when he asked to drop me in secret when I got the new..s" her voice crackling tumbled you both. "He'll understand baby, don't worry.. the wanting of normal will never leave you, we understand that now and you deserve, at least that," you told.

Courteney took the hands of you and Co's as one. "Yes, the mundane, simple but freeing life of normal.." she kissed her head cuddling you both closer "And momma and I will do our best to help you along the road of whatever simple we can fathom." You agreed with a nod, kissing her silky hair. "I love you moms, thank you for always trying for me..this has never been easy for me so i hope you forgive me for the times I didn't appreciate your trying. " Coco whispered. "You were a growing girl, you have nothing to apologize for sweet girl.." you wrote off.

Standing in the spotlight, but the want for normal will always shadow off the gazing light, but nothing you, your daughter nor your wife couldn't fight back tenfold.