Chapter 6

(Asher's POV)

Few days after Dad tell me that I will not have lessons for sometimes, he meant it literally. Me and Dad have been spending time finishing some work and we haven't gotten enough sleep. Dad get it harder, he only slept for about 4 hours.

We are now on the throne room, Athy and Felix just come in.

"Daddy! Big Brother! I missed you!" Athy cheered.

I smile lightly and wave, while Dad just looking at Athy with his tired eyes. I couldn't blame Dad really...

"Your Majesty, Your Highness, the weather's nice today. How about going for a walk outside?" Ask Felix.

"A walk, that doesn't sound so bad," says Dad as he stands up.

I follow suit and approach Felix with Dad in front of me and then I look at Athy who is holding onto Dad's robe.

"What is it?" Ask Dad.

I blink and try my best to not burst out laughing because Athy was looking shell-shocked. Oh my, she must have thought that it was Felix.

"She's asking you to pick her up, Your Majesty." says Felix cheerfully.

"Pfft..." I muffled my laugh.

"Pick her up?"

"Yes, she does that a lot to me too when her legs hurt from walking." Felix added.

"No, I just saw something on daddy's clothes..."

Then I sweat drop seeing Dad pick Athy up by dangling her. Athy struggle and flailing.

"Hold still, you're heavy enough as it is... Even Asher is not as heavy as you," Dad said.

That's a lie! I am heavier than Athy since I am bigger than her...

"Dad... I don't think that's how you supposed to pick her up," I remind him while sweat drop.

"Wasn't it supposed to be like this?"

I definitely will remember whenever you pick me up like that when I was still around Athy's age. Dad knows how-to pick-up baby or even children, because he takes cares of me since I was a week old. Does he really think that the way to pick up or carry a boy and a girl are different?

"Your Majesty, if you gra... Carry her that way, it may cause the Princess discomfort," says Felix.

"She just needs to sit there and hold still, what part of that's uncomfortable? Asher was just calm and doesn't move much when I carry him," Dad said.

"That's because you didn't pick me up like that before Dad?!" I chipped in while flailing my arms around.

Seriously since when Dad is like this? I feel an irk mark on my forehead and inwardly sigh.

"Dad let Felix show you how to carry a child. It seems you have forgotten how," I say.

"..."

"Rather than that, you should carry her like this, Your Majesty," Felix show Dad, or more like reminded him how, "Here, please try holding her like I did just now."

"I just want Felix to carry me!" Athy says.

Athanasia?! You're not supposed to say that!

After few moments of silence...

"Ahem... If that is what the Princess wishes, I suppose I don't have a choice."

"..."

"Shall we Your Majesty, Your Highness? We will follow behind you."

"I'll carry her. You were so strict about it, so I thought there might be some differences ways to carry a girl and a boy, but it looks just the same to the time I carry Asher even now."

I sigh... Why you must have carried me all the time too though?

"Athy just..."

"So, you don't want to be carried by me?"

Athy then right away go to Dad's side and clinging on his neck with smile. Dad look at Athy for sometimes, before he also picks me up on the other side which startled me.

"D-Dad?! I'm heavy! I'm already big!! You do not need to carry me like that!" I try to protest.

"Hmm... You're still as light as the last time I carry you." Dad state and walk ahead, "Move, you're in the way." He added to Felix.

I sigh and just decide to stay still. Isn't Dad tired? He carries both me and Athy at the same time like this. I am 11 years old boy and Athy is 7 years old girl. Our weight must be quite heavy.

"Dad, really I could walk on my own. I'm already big. I'm 11 years old," I try again.

"It's nothing Asher..." Dad says and I sigh in defeat, "Does Felix always carry you like this?" I heard Dad ask Athy.

"When I come to see Daddy and Big Brother?" She asks.

"Other times too."

"Athy can walk by herself! If Daddy and Big Brother holds Athy's hands, I can walk right now too."

"Are you saying that you want to get down because Felix carries you better than I do?"

I try my best to not laugh at that and Dad glance at me and I give him a smile.

"Except for when I summon you, don't let Felix carry you too much. You'll create a bad habit."

We arrive at the garden when Felix said, "Um, Your Majesty, May I perhaps walk a bit closer?"

"I told you, you're in the way. Take another ten steps back," Dad says.

I look at Athy and she is looking around to the bug that fly nearby. Just as I was about to call out to her, she accidentally slaps Dad's cheeks. Me and Athy's eyes went wide in horror.

"What exactly... Do you think you're doing?" Ask Dad.

"B, B, B... Bug. A Bug! I was just smushing a bug!" Athy explains.

"Now you're calling me a bug?"

I decided to help on Athy who looked about to faint out because of freaking out.

"No, Dad what Athy meant is that, there was a bug on Dad's face, so Athy just want to caught it." I explain.

"Y-yeah... Just like what Big Brother said! Athy just want to caught it," she added.

After that, we finally decided to have some tea time. I sit down and I feel a terrible headache.

"Perhaps she needs to learn how to handle her own body. She brandishes her hand so carelessly just trying to catch a bug. Maybe she should learn how to avoid such mistakes in the future," Dad says.

I look at Athy who looks gloom and I softly chuckle before patting her head and she looks at me slightly in thanks.

"Not to mention how weak that hit was. How will she do anything in the future? At this rate the bug will end up catching the person instead. Even Asher will not do that. "

"Yes, however the Princess is only seven... The Crown Prince is eleven..." says Felix.

"Not to mention, you're useless if all you've ever doing as her guard is carrying her around."

I look at Dad and Felix who is a bit down, "Dad... You don't need to verbally attack Felix and Athy like that... It was an accident..." I try to reassure Dad, but my head feels like splitting open and my heart hurts.

"Guh..." I turn to see Athy with blood falling out from her mouth, "A-Athy..." I called.

Blood...?

Then I feel a trickle down from my nose... I look at my hand and see blood. I look at the shocked expression on both Dad's, Felix's and Rufus'. What happen?

I look at Athy and she looks at me slightly before falling down, I called on her and trying to hold her, "A-Athy!"

But my body collapse too with only thing on my mind is my sister's name and faint sounds of Felix and Rufus calling out 'Princess and My Prince'.