Chapter 18

(Asher's POV)

It was morning after mine and Roxanna's wedding night. I wake up to see the serene peaceful face of my wife. Even in her sleep, she was glowing and beautiful. Her long golden blonde hair cascaded on the pillow like a gold curtain, her red lips seem a bit swollen and pouty and she is irresistible and beautiful is not even the enough word to describe her.

She is more ethereal than beautiful...

As I was lost in admiring her appearance, I caress her hair and fix the loose messy ringlets that covering her face. I was then greeted by her fluttering beautiful ruby eyes.

I smile at her, "Good morning my beautiful wife. Did you have a wonderful sleep last night?"

"Hmm... Asher, good morning to you too," she pecks my lips and I gently caress her hair.

"Do you feel hurt anywhere?" I ask and she blush before shake her head and I chuckle at her, "Roxanna... We've done this lots of times before, what make you shy just now?"

She looks at me before throw a pillow on my face and I just laugh at her. This is the first time I seen her this flustered after we make passionate love. I have to say, she could be very much adorable despite she oozes confidence and strong sex appeal.

"Roxanna, we should have morning tea with My Dad and sister soon. Do you think you could walk?" I ask and she blinks before sitting down on the bed.

"This is nothing... I could manage," she says as she stands up.

"I shall call the maid in and they will help you get ready. I will get ready on my room. I'll pick you up in two hours for the teatime," I say as I pull her closer in an embrace.

She smiles and put her hand above my chest where my heart rested and kiss the biceps, "I'll see you soon then, my love..." I hold her hand and kiss her inner wrist, "See you soon my beloved moon."

With that I walk out from our bridal chamber and heading to my room to get ready for the morning teatime with Dad and Athanasia.

***

(Claude's POV)

It's been months since Asher married Roxanna. I've been seeing the two to be happily in love and care deeply with one another. Looking at them somehow reminded me of the time when I was with Ultear and then later with my daughter's mother. I've been seeing Ultear in my dream ever since that one night. The memories we've been through and it seems like everything is simple and not a game. Sometimes I even dream of that woman who choose that child over me, that make me think that love is a game.

Asher and Athanasia are the only two left pieces from the women that I had loved in each of their different time. To see my son grows to be a young man, it makes me proud and I believe Ultear is as proud as I am. The thought that he will leave me too is something that has been causing me sleepless sleep but then my mind went to my daughter. There is this feeling that I also will not let her leave me just like what her mother did.

"How troublesome..." I say in the middle of the study before I close my eyes.

I feel a breeze and smell the scent of white floral citrus. I open my eyes and found myself in a field of white irises and white roses. There standing in the middle is my empress.

"You seem troubled, Your Majesty..." she says in melodic soft tone.

I look at her back and I try to reach for her but I stopped myself, "You always come to me whenever I'm in doubt. You and that woman..."

"Your Majesty, you are loved by so many people. We have always loved and worry over you, Your Majesty. Yet, you still think that you don't deserve such affection and care? Are you going to keep closing on your heart?"

I clench my fist. The only woman who able to question me and shows her defiance is her. Ever since we were young, she always says what she thinks that close to the truth. Feeling like a child being scolded by a mother.

"You've become bolder whenever you come to me..."

She turns around and I gazed at her ruby eyes that I loved to stare and the pair of eyes that I yearn to see. She smiles gently, "Claude... You know very well that our son will never leave you. Even your daughter too, she loves you... There is nothing that you should be afraid of. The people who love you unconditionally are the people that will never leave you until their death. We never had any intention to leave you, but even though we leave unwillingly, we left you something precious to both of us... a son and a daughter. Our son is also her son and your daughter is also ours. We choose to love you and leave our love and gift to you. No need to feel afraid anymore... We will not leave you."

I look ahead and beside my wife is the woman that a splitting image of my daughter. She smiles and bow her head.

I...

"Your Majesty, you should never be afraid anymore. We will always be by your side and soon you will also have another one that will show their unconditional love towards you. Try to open your heart more... We will meet again soon, Your Majesty."

With that Ultear and that woman smile before disappear once again in front of me. I try to hold onto them but they disappear once again. I open my eyes and found myself on the couch, there sitting in the other side of the couch is my son with Ultear.

"Asher..."

He opened his eyes and I was faced with the same jeweled blue eyes of mine but there is a serene look on his eyes that reminded me of his mother.

"You're awake Dad... It seems to me you look tired, so I let you sleep in. I already help finishing the paper work. You should rest more, Dad," he said.

"Hmm... What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I have some news to tell you. You are the first person to know about this other than me and Roxanna," he said.

I remember...

'... and soon you will also have another one that will show their unconditional love towards you. Try to open your heart more...'

I look at my son and he smile, "Roxanna told me something precious... We are expecting a child, Dad."

Is this what Ultear means? Seeing the smile on Asher's face, somehow it makes me happy and proud of him. I smile at him, "Congratulation, son."

"Thanks Dad... I wish that you will love our child and your grandchild with the same love and care you given to me and Athanasia," he said and I smile.

"You will be a great father, Asher."