Chapter 9

(Asher's POV)

(Asher's outfit - without the heels on the boots and without the ribbon, just bootlaces) 

We finally arrive at the local district and market. I inwardly sigh because these elite knights really stand up too much, hence the people who were looking at us couldn't help but gasp, bow and greets 'Blessing and Glory upon the First Star and Future of Obelian Empire'. I dismiss them and told them to just continue as usual. I get down from my horse, Hermes and told one knight to hold his reign.

"Hmm it seems that the people really go all out celebrating the festival. They are also selling goods with fair price," I say to Rufus and Felix who are beside me.

"Of course, Your Highness. Obelia has fair trade of pricing in the market. The sellers are also very kind to the buyers." Felix responded.

"I have checked some of the good's report that being sold and I would like to check some of those too while we are here," I said.

"Of course, Your Highness... Shall we start then?" Ask Rufus.

I nod and we walk through the market, checking some goods that being sold. I met some interesting people and see lots of children were having fun spending time in the park near the market. Some little girls come and give me flowers and I smile back at them. I then decided to buy some gifts for Dad and Athy. I look at charm bracelets and one charm bracelet pique my interest.

It was rose gold charm bracelet with rose quartz gemstone in various shapes and they also have one pink rose pendant charm dangling. Seeing a rose, reminds me of Athy and the color is also vibrant like Athy too. I bought the charm bracelet and asked the seller to wrapped it in a velvet box preferably in pink colored.

"That's a nice charm bracelet Your Highness, is it for the princess?" Rufus asked.

"Yes... I think this bracelet suits Athy," I answer as I give the box to Rufus, "Please keep it safe for me until we return to the palace."

"Yes, Your Highness," He answer.

Then as I walk to find a gift for Dad, I see a little girl look lost in the middle of the market. I look at her and she was around Athy's age or perhaps a year older.

"Your Highness?" I heard Felix asked.

"Felix, would you mind look around the market to see if there is someone who are looking for a lost child?" I asked.

"Certainly, Your Highness, I will start looking for a maid or parents who lost their child."

I nod and approach the little girl who is now get teary eyes. Her eyes are scared. She never been out, it seems.

"Are you alright, Miss?" I ask.

The girl looks at me and immediately bow, "Blessing and Glory Upon the First Star of Obelian Empire, Your Highness. I am alright..." she says in meek voice.

"Are you sure? You seem lost... Did you miss your caretaker?" I ask.

She looks bashful before she nods slightly, "Y-yes... It seems that I lost my escort."

"May I know your name, Miss?"

"I... I'm Jennette, Jennette Margarita, Your Highness."

"Well Lady Margarita, would you like to join me in watching the water fountain dancing at the boulevard?"

She looks wide eyed, her face flushed and she looks nervous, "B-but Your Highness... I... I don't want to trouble you."

I look at her and take notice that she looks nervous somehow but with hint of comfortableness. It seems like she is entranced, I smile and offer her my hand, "Would you like to join me, Lady Margarita?"

"S-sure, Your Highness," she says with hint of blush and smile.

We go to the boulevard park and see the water fountain dancing. It is indeed beautiful. The girl beside me, Lady Margarita was it, she looks happy and excited. Her eyes seem glad and I wonder why. Margarita... I think I heard that name before, but I don't know from where.

"Did you enjoy the performance, Lady Margarita?" I ask.

"Yes, Your Highness... It was really beautiful. Thank you for letting me join you. I apologize for intruding," she said.

"It's no problem. I don't think it's good for a little girl, even young lady such as yourself get lost in the market. The world is scary sometimes, Lady Margarita." I explain and she nods with smile.

Just then we heard sounds of little boy and a woman calling out her name.

"Jennette! Jennette!"

We turn around to see a boy with white hair and golden eyes run towards us accompanied by a woman looks to be in the early 40's.

"Ijekiel? Miss Lia?"

They stop not far from us before the knights and guards around me block their path. I raise my hand, "Let them through. I believe they come for Lady Margarita."

I look and not far from them stood Felix nodding with a smile as he approaches us.

"Oh, thanks the God! My Lady, you're here. I was so worried that we've lost you," the woman said as she pulled Jennette close who is now hug the woman again.

"I'm fine Miss Lia. I met His Highness and he accompany me," she said with a smile and I could see a faint blush on her face.

I look at the boy who bow slightly and greets me before I nod and he look at me in gratitude, "Thank you for taking care of my sister, Your Highness. I apologize for causing you trouble."

I shook my head, "It's nothing. So, you are the young Lord Margarita?" I ask and he shook his head which confuse me.

"My name is Ijekiel Alpheus. I am the son of Duke Alpheus, Your Highness. It was a pleasure to meet you," he says politely.

"Likewise. It seems that we might meet again sometimes in the future. I would like to get to know you, Lord Ijekiel." I say.

He nods and smile, "It's an honor, Your Highness. Until then..."

I nod and the maid bow and say her thank you to me while holding on Lady Margarita's hand. She then curtsied, "Thank you for your kindness, Your Highness."

I smile, "Please take care, Lady Margarita."

I then command one of the knights to see through them back safely to their estate. Rufus and Felix then look at me with proud smile.

"You are very gentle, Your Highness. His Majesty really brought you well. You also remind me of the late Empress. She was as gentle and soft to the people. You have both good sides of His Majesty and Her Majesty," says Rufus.

I smile, "I've always heard about Mom in gentle and sweet light like that. I am glad that at least I could feel Mom's presence live within me..."

Felix smile, "His Majesty thinking the same too, Your Highness. Well then, shall we head back?"

"Yes, we shall"

With that we leave the market and ride back tothe palace.