Chapter 8

1 year later...

(Athanasia's POV)

It's been a year since then. Now I am 8 years old little girl. I am now currently living in Emerald Palace, the palace where princesses and princes of the empire mostly live in. I was bored, maybe I should have visit Big Brother Asher.

"Felix! Where is Big Brother?" I ask.

"His Highness? His Highness is currently practicing his swordplay with Sir Rufus on the training ground," he said.

My eyes went wide and I feel excitement. I have never seen swordplay before. I would love to see! According to the novel too, Asher is an excellent swordsman and that when he was 18 years old, he is able to be on par with Felix.

"Athy wants to see how big brother did!"

"What? Are you sure Princess? A Princess should not watch something dangerous like that," He said and I pout.

"But Athy wants to see and cheer for big brother," I sparkled my eyes.

I cheered inwardly when Felix nods and pick me up. Yayy I will see big brother Asher practicing his swordplay. We reach the training ground and I was awed when I see Asher with slack shirt and pants with boots and fight against the other knights and guards. Asher seems like dancing... It was breathtaking.

"Woah... Big brother looks so cool," I say in amazement.

"Yes Princess, the crown prince Asher is an excellent swordsman despite his young age. His Majesty sometimes spend his free time training His Highness. The two even sometimes practice together."

Yes, these past years I have taken note that the novel didn't lie when mention that Claude really favored Asher. It is even mention that Asher has the best of him and the late Empress. Asher is also dangerous just like Claude.

"Hmm? What are you doing here?"

I flinch and turn around to see Claude was there looking down at me as he enters the training ground in his robe. Shoot!

"Ah Your Majesty. The Princess wants to visit the Crown Prince. I had told the Princess to wait but..."

I smile at Claude and then hug his legs, "Daddy Daddy! Pick me up!"

He looks at me for sometimes before pick me up and settle me on his arm so I could watch Asher.

"What makes you so excited?" He asks.

"Because Athy can see Big Brother using his sword. Big Brother looks so pretty just like Daddy."

"Hmm..."

We watch from the sidelines and then not long after we see Asher defeat the knight who is now at the mercy of his sword. I wiggle from Claude who looks confused before let me down so I could run to Asher.

"Big Brother!!"

He turns around and I feel like my heart burst. How can he be so handsome!!! That man's gene really is no joke!

"Athy? What are you doing here?" He asked before catching me.

"Hehehe, Athy wants to see brother. Big Brother was so cool... The sword goes swoosh and swing and then whoosh again! Woahhh!!"

I inwardly sweatdrop. What am I even saying?

Asher laughs and then pat my head. Yes, yes pat me. I smile.

"You did well Asher," I heard Claude said.

"Thank you, Dad. Your training helps me a lot too," Asher said.

"But I am still thinking there is no need for you to learn that hard. You have guards and knights with you."

I sweatdrop. Really this man needs to stop acting so overprotective. He takes it up to a notch if it involves Asher. After that, the three of us decided to spend some time to have tea time.

***

(Asher's POV)

"No..."

I looked at Dad cannot believe it that he did not allow me to go out to the market because there is festival in the downtown.

"But Dad... It's just for a moment and I will return shortly after I check the festival and buy some things. I even will buy you a gift," I said trying to reason with him.

"No means no, Asher..." He said.

"Dad... It's just for a while, I will have my sword with me and even will take some guards. Sir Rufus even will go with me," I reason again.

He looks at me with stoic face as he leans his head on the armrest of his chair in the office. I give him my best puppy eyes look.

"Dad... Pretty please. Let me go out to the market just for three hours max," I said.

"One..." Dad said.

"Dad come on its festival... How can I enjoy for an hour only?" I try again.

"One..."

"Dad... Pleaseeee, two and half hours then..."

"One..."

"Dad... It's been a while; I will not take long. Beside we have a duty to greet the people too once in a while. Two hours then, please..."

He looked at me intently while I give him my best puppy eyed look and a bit of pout.

"Felix, Rufus"

"Yes, Your Majesty" I heard both Felix and Rufus said.

"Prepare the best elite knights we have, settled the crown prince's horse and make sure it's all set and then send them to me in the audience room."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

I saw Felix and Rufus leave the room and I look at Dad confuse.

"Dad?"

"Aren't you supposed to get ready then Asher?" Dad said.

"Get ready? What?! Really you allow me to?! I can go?" I asked in surprised but with hint of excitement.

"Hmmm... Or perhaps you rather stay here."

"NO! I will immediately get ready Dad! Thank you very much!"

I run to Dad and hug him before plant a kiss on his cheek before leaving the room, excited to go out, see the people and check the festival.

***

(3rd Person POV)

The best elite knights and guards were all bowing there in the audience room nervously as they did not dare to meet the eyes of the Emperor of Obelia whose jeweled blue eyes sharp and glow with cold aura and stoic face. His mana flaring, adding more fear to the elite and infamous knowingly brave and excellent elite knights of Obelian Empire. Even Rufus and Felix who was in the room feels nervous and fidgeting too.

"You all shall protect the Crown Prince, Asher with your life. If any harm shall befall him, even a strand of his hair, your bodies will be quartered down, your head will be beheaded and being displayed on a spike at the entrance of the palace, do you understand?"

The knights, including Felix and Rufus gulped and sweated bullets as the knights answer in unison, "Understood, Your Majesty."

"Good and return him to the palace in two hours no more," Claude nodded slightly and give them a last warning glance before he dismissed them.

"Felix, Rufus"

Both slightly flinched before they bow in front of Claude and lower down their gazes to the floor, "Yes Your Majesty?"

"I assumed you two will take extra responsible of this. Make sure they do not slacker or else both of your heads will be on spiked too."

"As your wish, Your Majesty."

With that Claude dismiss them to accompany his beloved son on an outing. Wishing that he should just held him back and maybe lock him so he will not leave.