Chapter 12

(Asher's POV)

After 2 years in a war, I finally home. There is no place like home. The dinner with Dad and Athy was eventful and I am glad to be with my family again. As I was taking a night stroll in the garden, I heard sounds of something being stepped on and I turn to see Dad approaching me.

"Dad," I greet.

"Aren't you supposed to be asleep, Asher?" Dad said.

"I cannot sleep... It's just been quite surreal to be at home after 2 years at war," I answer.

"Is that so... Follow me."

I nod and follow Dad. We walked in comfortable silence under the stars. As I look around, everything seems to be familiar with me. I know where we are going. We arrive and in the middle of Empress' Palace garden, there stood tall the statue of the most beautiful woman in Obelia. People used to call her, "The Crystal Moon Rose of Obelia", my mother and the late wife of Emperor Claude de Alger Obelia, Her Majesty, Empress Ultear Milkovich de Alger Obelia.

I give a soft smile before pick some lilies and white roses on the garden and put it under the statue which is also the memorial tomb.

"Your mother must be really proud of you, Asher..." Dad said.

"I'm glad you think so, Dad..." I answer.

"These past 2 years, I was worried for you. I do not want to lose you like I lost your mother... I'm glad she keeps you safe and protect you for me," Dad said.

I smile, "Mom loves you, Dad... I am sure of it. You also make her proud. You're a good ruler, wise, and just. You are also a good father for me and Athy. I would like to say thank you Dad for always be there, protecting me and train me to be a good ruler like you."

He looks at me, smile lightly and pat my head.

"You know Asher... Whatever happen, you are still and always will be my son. I am also thankful you return to me," he said.

I smile. We then enjoy the rest of the night breeze having small talks and visiting Mom's memorial tomb. As I turn around ready to leave, I could hear Dad whisper...

"My Ultear..."

***

The day of the celebration and welcome back ball has come. The servants of the palace were all busy preparing for tonight's banquet. Me, Dad and Athanasia are all sitting having morning tea together.

"Asher, what do you want for the tribute of your successful attempt to bring back the peace in Obelia from those rebels?" Dad asked.

I take a sip of tea before smile, "I've got everything I have. I got you, Athy and peacefulness return to our kingdom... It makes me happy and glad to return home."

He looked at me and then rest his head on one of his hand, "Hmm... Is that so?"

I looked at him for a moment but then a certain blonde hair woman with beautiful ruby eyes crossed my mind and I couldn't help but smile. Lady Roxanna Agriche... The one woman that I feel comfortable and contend with other than my sister and Princess Ariadna.

"Actually Dad... May I ask you of something?" I asked.

"Hm?" He looks at me and nods as he stops the cup in mid-way.

"I am sure you are aware of this... I've been courting Lady Roxanna Agriche since I was 15 years old... I would like to ask for your permission to let me take Roxanna as my wife."

The garden then went into complete silence as I ask permission.

"..."

"I love Roxanna... She is the other woman in my life other than Athanasia. I never thought in making Roxanna as the crown princess consort before. I've always thought that I will let Athanasia be the crown princess ruling by my side and I will intend to do so in the future. Marrying Roxanna to let me spend the rest of my life with her along with you and Athanasia. So, Your Majesty, I would like to ask your permission to marrying Lady Roxanna Agriche," I say with determination.