Chapter 19

A/N: I'm back... So sorry has been very busy and I got stuck in writer's block. Now I give you the most awaited Chapter 19 and I will try my best to update during holiday break. You are even welcome to give me ideas or suggestions for memory fragment chapter between Asher and Claude. 

ENJOY READING....

***

(Asher's POV)

I've been very busy now going training with Dad to be the future Emperor. He has often summon me to his study where we talked a lot about the empire. He even ask me what to do regarding some problem within the border. I went to war for the rebel but now, Dad try to groom me in dealing with the politics of those power hungry nobles. Just like Dad say, those nobles in the councils are dogs.

It's troublesome...

I understand why Dad always get headaches and foul mood after every meeting with the council because I feel like it too as I replace Dad to this noble council meeting.

"Your Highness, please the droughts have been causing so many unfortunate things for our welfare. Those farmers have not work their best to handle the problem and when they do, the qualities are not even that good and we lost so much money and investment because of that." Said a nobleman, Count Lahar.

"Please, we have even lost so much money and our economy has been below average." Another nobleman said.

"What about the mana crystal mines? The weather lately has been cold, wet and dry hot... The ground has been so fragile and the workers have been afraid to dug deeper into the mines." Another one said.

"What should we do then about the market of mana crystal? The demands of mana crystal is getting higher but the materials of the supplies have been very thin. If this keep happening, we lost our investment in mana crystals." Another one added.

All I could heard from all of their whines and complaints are about market, investment and money. Just like Dad said, these dogs only care for their own needs, rather than the well-being of the empire. They bark and yaps to the master and ask the imperial family to solve those problems like a swish of the magic wand.

I decided to put their squabbling and whining.

"Is that all you think about? Money this... Market this and that... Invest this and that?" I said in chilly tone, my jeweled blue eyes opened with hard glare and I could even feel my mana flare following my emotions.

"Y-Your Highness... But this is crucial. Surely the imperial family treasurer can help solve this problem." A noble said, Lord Harland.

"Without those materials for the investment and markets, we are going to lose a lot of money to feed these working people." Said another one.

I glare and I can see most of them shiver in frights. The behavior I often saw they shown when in front of Dad during meeting when they get on Dad's nerves.

"Aren't you, nobles are also working people?" I daresay ask like a statement to them. "Aren't you, nobles are the vassal and medium for the people of Obelia to say their concerns? But why here I can feel you nobles are only share your own side of complaints? Drought problems... Why aren't I get inform of what we lost and how much it affect the people of the empire and various areas of the empire? I only hear about your barks and yap of complaints regarding how the farmers work and how you are in the unfortunate side because you will lose your money?"

Everyone feel silent. I continue, "Mana Crystal mines... Why I only hear about your complaints about the investment on the market that will be lost?"

I sit tall and firm, "We built noble council to help find solutions regarding problems happening around our empire. The imperial family has choose you noble lords with various education background to provide solutions and discuss the best way. But all I heard just you all barking and yapping and whining and expect everything will be gone and handled by the Imperial family. If that is so, we should have disband this council and let the imperial family themselves to handle all problems the way we see fit."