Chapter 7

(3rd Person POV)

The palace was bustling around because of the news the royal siblings, the crown prince and the princess collapsed during the afternoon tea. Emperor Claude has called all of many healers and magicians to take a look and attempt in healing the siblings. They failed and was sent directly to the dungeons.

"What should we do, Your Majesty?" Felix asked as he turned to Claude who's now facing the scared healers.

"What do you think you're doing? I told you to heal them. What on Earth did you do to make their condition worse?" Claude said furiously.

"I beg your pardon, Your Majesty, but the crown prince's and princess' conditions have not worsened. It is only because they are awake that they are feeling pain. There isn't anything we can do when their mana is leaping to and from inside them like this. Although, the Princess' condition is much better than that of His Highness' because of the Crown Prince's nature of magic where it trying to purify the leaking mana of the Princess to ease her pain. His Highness' divine magic was contradicting the Princess' and was trying to neutralize and control it," the healer explained.

"So, I told you to search for a solution, and yet you don't even have the decency to be ashamed of your incompetence."

"I B, Beg your forgiveness, Your Majesty. But I am the most knowledgeable among the royal magicians when it comes to mana abnormalities. It is unlikely that another magician will be of help to the Crown Prince and Princess at this stage..."

Claude glare at the royal magician, his magic aura flare as he glares down at the royal magician, "Do you wish to die?"

The magician gasped, panicking.

"You have an intricate way of asking to be killed. Bring in another magician and lock this one in the dungeons."

The magician called out to him, pleading and begging for mercy but he was having none of it.

"If you wish to live, try harder with that pea brain of yours. If you continue to say the same useless things, I'll start cutting of your limbs one by one before I chop your head off..."

Claude felt a tug on his robe and was greeted by the jeweled blue eyes of his son. Asher looks at him with a little shook of his head and small smile. He was about to say something before he screamed rather loudly. Startled Claude, make him flinched. Claude's eyes look so conflicted. He never heard his son like this. It hurts him and he hold Asher's hand before patting his head gently, "Sleep now Asher... It'll be alright... I'm here."

With his magic, Claude put his most beloved son to sleep. Then he heard the wail of Athanasia as he called for him with teary eyes. With no emotion, Claude put his hand on her forehead, "You're too noisy. Go to sleep."

***

(Asher's POV)

Everything seems dark for a moment before I open my eyes to see a blinding light. It's too bright. I look around and notice that I am in Dad's room. I turn to the side and see Dad seems to be sleeping on the chair beside the bed.

"Dad?" I called.

And it seems that Dad wakes up because he opens his eyes and see me sitting on the bed with a bit of daze.

"Asher, you're awake..." He checks me over and I could see the tension on his shoulder sagged in relief before he pulled me in for a hug, "Please don't do this again... This is the first and last time." I hug him back and slightly pat his back.

"Dad... What happen?"

He went silence before the door to the room opened and there standing is my sister who looks solemn with a boy that around Athy's age with black hair and red eyes.