Epilogue 2 - Time for us

After discussing everything, the week went by calmly. Enzo was liking the new school; he was a couple years ahead of his last one, so he was actually learning something. The older kids were nice to him, and we always make sure he can talk to us if something doesn't go right or if the older kids are mean to him.

It was good seeing him get home with a smile and excited to do his homework so he could play chess with us later. The school is very rigid in how their students behave, so they don't tolerate any type of discussion or fights.

Now, we were waiting for Enzo to arrive to tell him he would be spending the night with Dona Rosa because we had a business meeting. That's the excuse at least; we wouldn't tell the child that we needed some quality alone time.

"I'm home!" I hear Enzo say and I go to him

"Hi! How was your day?" I ask helping him with his backpack

"Good. We did a lot of math, and we're reading a book about a rich man that falls in love with a poor girl, and we also went to the lab today." He says excited

"I'm glad you're liking it." I say "Let's go to the office; we need to talk with you real fast."

He looks suspicious at me, afraid that something happened, but I smile, assuring him that everything is okay. As we walk into the office, he goes to hug P'Kim and then Matteo; they have been getting closer, which is really good.

"How was your day, Enzo?" Matteo asks, and Enzo tells him what he told me

They talk for a little bit, and then Matteo gestures for him to sit on the couch with me, and he does exactly that.

"Enzo, tonight we have a meeting that will take a lot of time, and we will spend the night out." P'Kim starts

"You're leaving me alone?" he asks with a sad face

"No, we are leaving you with Dona Rosa, and Luca will be here too to help." P'Kim clarifies

"Can't I go with you?"

"Not this time, baby." I say "It will be a bit too far, and you are in school time; you can't mess with your schedule, but we promise that we will all have a vacation during your spring break."

"Okay..." he says, a bit sad, but he understands

"This won't happen with a lot of frequency; we just couldn't delay this meeting any longer." Matteo says "We'll bring you a present and spend the rest of tomorrow with you, okay?" hearing that Enzo becomes happier

"Okay, I'll go and do my homework now. I'll see you tomorrow." He says and kisses my check to then kiss Matteo's and then P'Kim's

He exits the office and goes to the dining room. He does his homework there on a little table we arrange for him. It's easier to watch him here than in his room alone. When he is bigger, he will probably study there alone, but for now, he can stay here with us.

We look at each other and smile. We are excited for this; we waited so long for a little alone time, and now we will finally have it.

Our baggage is already in the car; it's just a little suitcase for the three of us, and I have no idea where they will take me. They said it would be a surprise, but knowing those two, it's going to be luxurious.

"Love, it's almost time to go; are you ready?" Matteo asks to my ear

"I am."

We go to the dining room, where Enzo is reading a book; Luca is there with him; and Dona Rosa is in the kitchen, starting to prepare dinner. We say goodbye to them, and we go to the car. The tension is building up, a sexual tension that makes their touches seem like fire on my skin.