Matt and Milo

- "You were not using your inside voices, were you?" - Petr smirked as he sat in one of the arms of the armchair. He was clearly having way too much fun as he kept his prey stuck in place for his interrogation.

- "All of us heard it. Now give us the complete gossip. It's better than let us speculate, anyway". - Andrej, sitting on the other arm of the chair, smiled maliciously as he completed the trap that would not allow Milo to stand up. 

- "You've become two old ladies". - Milo's face was turning red as he tried to avoid the question. It was not a subject he felt comfortable discussing, especially with Matt and Damien both in the room. 

- "Yup, two nosy old ladies. Now start talking if you ever want to get out of this chair". - Petr ran his finger through one of Luís' curls, seeing it graciously move up and down. 

Milo threw a deadly look at Matt since that situation was his fault. If the other man was not screaming and acting like a fucking child, Milo would not be interrogated. Then, letting the little shame he had aside, he decided to finally speak. 

- "Ok, we've been together for 400 years now. Of course, we'd eventually get involved with each other. I think it was about 1600-"

- "1700". - Matt interrupted, not amused by having their relationship about to be exposed to Petr, of all people.

Milo just signed him to shut up and continued talking.

- "Ok, historian, it was 1600. We 'married', as much as the time allowed". - He shrugged. 

- "I thought you ran because you're together". - Andrej confessed, taken aback by the realization they took so long to get involved. He was still under the impression that people from the same species were bound to be together as if instantly attracted to each other. He never met any other demons. 

- "I thought you were together now". - Petr disagreed, even more surprised and now confused about how they both could have had such contrasting impressions.

- "... No." - Milo frowned deeply, not knowing which impression he liked less. As things seemed to be getting out of hand, he moved anxiously on his hair and decided to tell the damn story. Those two could let their minds run wild otherwise. As an instinct, his eyes looked for Damien through the living room and he could only see the man's back - and yet, he knew that the vampire was hating every second of that as much as he was. 

---------

Year 1707 - France (100 years after the escape)

None of them thought they'd get that far. At that point, they did not have a method set for their disguises: usually, they just tried to keep out of sight as much as possible, wandering around reigns as merchants, and changing appearances every few months. At the time, Spain was at war and many people were migrating through Europe - enough that no one would recognize them or remember them after a few weeks. 

In December, they were in Paris trying to sell a few silver coins they had conjured. Not only the sale was successful but went better than expected, as the perfect ending for a year of celebration. With that, they decided to go to a bar on the outskirts of the town, so they'd be able to celebrate their businesses, lives, and freedom. 

There, in that isolated bar filled with drunken people, music, and happiness, they toasted many times. Downed copious amounts of wine and beer, and then spent hours reminiscing. Not once did they mention their pre-escaping days, focusing on the long and complex days that came later, when they thought they'd get found out at any instant. 

They remembered how Milo hadn't really understood human behavior after the memory loss - he still behaved very suspiciously, causing an old woman to try and exorcize him at one point.