Burden of the Battle

The battle was more gruesome than anyone had expected. Eight hunters came to the coven, but only one was left alive: Aries, the oldest of the two leaders. His younger brother Fane was killed by Joseph, whose body was left in critical condition - his arms were covered in cuts and his stomach had been deeply wounded. Damien was recovering from having been shot with supernatural ammo, his leg muscles painfully regenerating after he took one of the potions Matt had stocked for them. Andrej had his hands severely cut from holding the pendulum during the attack, as it tried to get back to its owner.

Milo was still coming down from the shock of seeing death so close to him, and he was badly hurt by the punches and kicks he received. Matt was almost choked to death and had deep cuts on his hands. Both of them would have worn out their powers during the process of caging the hunter and would have ended up dead if it were not for Duke's intervention.

The leader and Petr were the only ones in good physical condition, which granted them the role of getting Aries to the dungeons in the basement. The poor familiars, who were hidden during the battle, were now given the task of cleaning all the blood and burning the bodies.

The hurt men were all in the living room: Milo and Joseph lying on the sofas, and Damien, Andrej, and Matt sitting on the armchairs.

The sorcerers wanted to heal the others but they just didn't have enough energy at that point. So they gave Joseph all the strongest cure potions they had created, but the vampire's state was still very delicate. Duke was walking from one side to the other, clearly distressed as he looked at Joseph.

- Can you stop? This is not going to help. - Andrej rolled his eyes, in a foul mood due to the pain in his hands. He drank one of the potions as well, but it didn't seem to have much effect.

- Shut up, Andrej. - Duke was quick to say, still moving around.

Milo, whose body was hurting more and more as the adrenaline wore out, groaned when he sat his body up.

- Don't sit up, you're just going to feel worse. - Damien looked over at the youngest. He was as distressed as Duke, his own pain mixed with the discomfort of seeing Milo bruised and cuts on his face.

- I'm okay. - Milo tried to shrug, but his face quickly turned into a mix of pain and regret.

- Just lay the fuck down. - Duke demanded again, not in the mood for Milo's stubbornness.

The blond man and Damien exchanged looks, and Milo opted for just raising an eyebrow and obeying, for once.

- Ok, but can Petr get me a few things from the Realm, at least? I can think of a few things that would get Matt and me on our feet quicker. And also... - He looked over at Joseph, who was unconscious. His pale skin, the lack of movement, and the faintest breath, all made him look like a corpse.

- What? Did you think about something? - Duke finally stopped walking, looking at the man, his eyes gleaming with expectation.

- Yes. No. I mean... - Milo sighed but began talking again as Duke was about to explode on him. After the leader helped them with the spell, the sorcerer was confused about him, and even though he still didn't trust the oldest man, he was a bit more patient. - Yes. I know a spell but I'd need my powers, and he is going to absofuckinglutely hate it. It'll render him powerless for a few days while he recovers.

Duke scoffed at that thought.

- Yeah, right. As if I'd let you strip him down of his powers.

- It's just temporary, Duke. And this is the strongest cure I know how to cast, it'll get him fixed for sure. As soon as he feels better, I'll erase the circle from his skin and his powers will be fully his again.