Battle - II

TW: This chapter has graphic and slightly gruesome description of violence. If you feel uncomfortable, please, skip this chapter. I'll ensure next chapter has a brief description of the encounter with the hunters so you can comfortably get back to the story later.

----------------

One of the soldiers that escaped from Andrej managed to climb the walls of the house and get through a window, just to find Damien waiting for him. The man shot his gun as soon as his eyes noticed the vampire, but he was too slow: Damien managed to move away with just a minor wound that was just enough to piss him off even more.

Swinging his sword, the vampire aimed for the hunter's hand. Now he wouldn't be able to shoot at anybody. He decided to not touch the gun itself - the amount of pain he was feeling due to what was barely a scratch got him wondering if it had any spells in it. The soldier screamed and tried to reach for the gun with the good hand, even in the face of his bleeding wrist, so Damien grabbed him by his hair and put all his strength in smashing the man's face against the closer wall, causing it to shake.

However, the hunter was more resistant than a normal human, and he still tried to fight, throwing his elbows at Damien's stomach until the vampire let him go. His face was covered in blood and everything was spinning, but as soon as he identified which of the three men he was seeing was the real vampire, he grabbed a dagger from his belt and tried to jump Damien again.

Once more, the vampire was quicker: with his sword, he went through the hunter's chest and spun his blade, causing him to die instantaneously.

During the confusion, Matt managed to sneak behind the hunters' backs as they were focused on Joseph and the sounds from the second floor. The sorcerer wasn't able to see their fronts, so he did not notice the small pendant in the form of a shield around the younger's man neck.

He tried to conjure a powerful air rush to push them both closer to Joseph, but as soon as it got closer to the men, the air appeared to hit a wall and came back at Matt with full force. The sorcerer was thrown meters away from them.

The older brother turned to Matt and reached for his own sword, but one of the soldiers was quicker and shot the sorcerer from the distance. Milo, who was now running in their direction as well, managed to cast a spell that pushed Matt out of the bullet's path. The second woman took the opportunity to attack Milo, tackling him to the ground and punching his face.

It was enough for the blond man to get disoriented, especially after the following punches and kicks. He could feel the pain slipping into all his bones, but his adrenaline was way too high at that point for that to really be a concern. The man looked around for a way out before they could try and shoot him or Matt again, but the best he could do was to protect his face from the punches that still came his way.

Look alive. For a lot less, you almost turned Duke's hand into ashes.

Damien's angry voice in his mind was exactly what he needed. As soon as the woman tried to punch his face again, Milo forced himself to grab her hand and release the greatest amount of heat he could. The smell of burnt skin was almost instantaneous.

The hunter screamed and screamed, but the blond man just continued to hold her fist as strong as he could, feeling the skin and muscles melting under his palm.

Holding the woman was hard enough for Milo, who used all his attention to do it. Enough to not hear the gun clocking behind him. The bullet went straight over his head.

His heart was so loud he barely could hear anything else. The pain was stronger now, making it harder to stand straight, and Milo questioned if he had broken a bone. The gun clocked again, but instead of aiming at him, Milo turned his head to the woman just in time to see her shooting herself. Blood and bones everywhere.