Dungeon

TW: Description of wounds inflicted through torture. It isn't very rough or gory, but be mindful. A lot of mental suffering. 

During the next couple of days, Milo avoided the dungeons like the plague. He didn't want to go back there. Not only were the memories of his pain and chains still very vivid in his mind, but if he got near Aries, that meant he would need to participate in his torture. It didn't matter how much of a scumbag the hunter was, that was just a burden Milo didn't want on his conscience.

In the meantime, things were weird in the coven: Duke and Andrej were completely demented, lost in their "work" with Aries. Milo also presumed the state of their leader had something to do with Joseph's health, as the vampire was not getting worse, but he was just not getting better either. Petr was very quiet, unlike himself. The only sounds he was emitting were the ones coming from the piano, which he was playing almost non-stop.

But the strangest thing from them all was Milo's relationship with Matt and Damien. He was getting closer to the vampire faster and faster. They talked every day when they went to bed, regarding all things, serious or stupid. And yet, they tried to avoid showing that to any of the others, their little friendship a secret of their own. At the same time, the situation with Matt was getting out of hand.

Milo was trying to avoid his own questions about his best friend's character. Would he be the type of person to cast such a cruel spell? And spend all those years knowing how much Milo suffered from not having his memories, yet still say nothing?

As the days went by, he kept losing the battle against his mind, and it was getting harder to even be near Matt as the doubt grew inside his chest.

If that was not Matt's doing, what could explain everything going on with his memories?

Earlier that day, Duke was arguing with Milo about helping with Aries, which the sorcerer refused. He had provided the leader with a list of the information he needed and what to look out for, but that was as far as he felt comfortable going. Before the discussion got out of hand, the vampire managed to compose himself.

- Okay, but I need help getting this information, Milo. If the princess is not going to be of any use, wake up Joseph. He'll be able to get it in no time.

- I already told you, I can only think of one way of helping him and you don't want me to try it. - The young man's tone was impatient.

Duke sighed, hitting his hands on the oak table in front of him. His time was running out - the other covens were trying to make contact every day, multiple times a day, and if he continued to ignore their calls, they'd all think Coven Klaven was dead. At the same time, he did not want to disclose their success until he had it all figured out. So he needed to be quick, and he also really wanted Joseph near him - his advice, his violence, all of him.

- He is getting his powers back? - His tone was stern as he looked down at Milo.

- Yes. One week, at the latest.

Finally, the young sorcerer was part of the clan that Duke always wanted him to be. Having Milo around used to be like having an unreliable, angry, and rude teenager. As the last weeks went by, he got calmer, not getting into so many fights with Damien and Andrej, and for three days straight he was doing as he was requested - other than joining him in the dungeons. So, the leader decided to go all win - he'd trust Milo with the most precious person he had. If he succeeded, then he'd know that he was not worthy of concern anymore.