Wolfpack

TW: Language, s3x and loud fighting. 

--------------------

Al vampires could talk among themselves using telepathy, but just a handful of them learned how to expand that into reading other species' minds. Petr was one of the few - he soon realized that reading people's minds would be very useful for his artistic creations: the man painted, drawn, and, above all, was a very talented musician. His piano was his life, what kept him sane throughout his years, and what made his soul feel whole.

Knowing about other people's feelings, thoughts and struggles helped him to compose. His songs were better, more intense, and meaningful when he could create them through different emotions other than only his own. 

Out of respect, he would not do it without asking for permission first. Except if his best friend was dragging him through the woods and pestering him to save someone who didn't want to be saved.

Hours after Milo left, just before sunrise, they were far enough from the pack's village to stop them from smelling their presence. Mind reading was way more difficult like that, but it was better than the alternative of getting caught. 

- "Is is going to go south. We need to go back..." - Petr advised with a smile on his lips.

- "You can almost convince me you're not hoping things blow up". - Damien sighted with no sound of happiness in his voice. His friend was an apocalyptical asshole, and his main concern was that Petr would cause drama just to see the world burn. 

- "I do hope for it. If I'm not stuck in the middle of the fight, I love to see how things play out". - Petr laughed without shame. Damien looked at him as if he was reconsidering every decision he ever made in his life. - "Goddess, you're no fun when the kid is around. Ok, ok, I'll get to it..." - He then closed his eyes to escape the deadly look on Damien's face.

Petr went out pocking every mind he could find, trying to find Milo. He did not like that idea - it felt gross to invade their privacy like that, people should be allowed quiet time with their own minds. Especially werewolves - the blond man knew things could escalate quickly and it was very easy to comprehend why. They should be able to isolate themselves if they want to. After all, it was natural to protect themselves against a society that did the most to get rid of them - and yet here he was, disrespecting their safe space. Well done, Damien. 

He noticed most minds were, as expected, focused on their own activities: training, studying, and talking with friends. A lot of them had an underlying concern about the hunters.

- "Dami, most don't even know Milo is there. The ones that do seem to be relieved". - He whispered, his eyes still closed.

- "Have you found Milo's mind?"

- "No and I won't. Milo and Matt blocked me out of their minds a long time ago". 

- "Have you tried the wolf that got him here?" - Damien was anxious, pacing around the trees. He felt something was up but refused to see what was in front of his face. The only thing he accepted was that Milo had been gone for hours without any updates.

- "Not yet". 

- "So try it".

- "Why am I your friend?"

- "Milo is on that left building. I can feel it". 

Milo was indeed there, but took Petr a while to find the correct mind. That was a huge pack, with almost 80 werewolves scattered around a small village. When Petr finally got it, it took him a while to understand what was happening. He knew Milo was up to no good when he went there, but what he found made him blush.