Back at It

A scream scared him awake, making him sit up straight on the bed. The cold sweat dripped out of his hair, running through the side of his face as he panted. His throat was sore. Was he the one who was screaming? Was the pain a dream?

- Hey, are you okay? - Petr approached his bed as he looked at the disheveled Milo. The sorcerer was now looking mostly normal - his skin was back to its normal color, his lips and cheeks were slightly pink, his widened eyes had a sparkle to it. - Did you have a nightmare?

Milo was shaking with anger, confusion, and grief. He remembered now. Everything. What he had, what he lost, and who took it from him. While he looked at Petr, he wondered if he should cry or commit murder again.

- Mi, can you please say something just so I know you didn't have a brain injury? - Petr smiled at Milo but had a hint of truthfulness in his voice. If the younger man had any side effects to recover his memories, Petr would need to plan how he'd keep Damien from separating Matt's head from his shoulders.

- I didn't have a brain injury, Petr. Not that I know of, at least. - Milo managed to say, looking around for the first time. Damien was not there but clearly, Petr had been sitting on that chair for a while, since he was still wearing the same clothes from before his altercation with Matt. 

- How long I was off?

Only when Petr heard Milo's voice did he understand. His brain finally connected all the dots. He opened and closed his mouth a couple of times, his own memories playing in front of his eyes. Throughout the years, Petr had made and lost a great deal of friends - and for the first time, he was seeing one of them come back into his life.

- Before I tell you, I need to know. - He hesitated. So many times he had hope for Milo to regain his memories and so many times he was frustrated. It was hard to believe it was true this time. - Did it work? How much do you remember?

Milo paused and looked at Petr for a second. During all those years, all he wanted was to have his memories back, and now he had it. His life was his again. His heart pumped faster while his mind was torn between hate and resentment, and happiness and relief. As his eyes met his friend's and he saw only joy, he couldn't help but let a smile form on his lips.

- Are you asking me if I remember the nights at the tavern with my brothers? Yes, I do. - He grinned, then his expression became neutral again. - I think I remember it all. - He said quietly.

Petr kept on looking at him for a few seconds, his grin getting bigger and bigger as he decided what to say. There were so many things he was waiting to tell Milo, so many ideas he wanted to share.

- If you tell me you don't remember what a violin is, I swear I'll break one on your head.

Milo's eyes widened once again, his whole posture perking up in the bed. Then, he scanned the room for any sign of the instrument.

- My violin! Where is it?! And my journals, did you keep it?

He asked as he began standing up, feeling his body cramming up and tensing after so much time asleep. Everything in him hurt, from the muscles of his face to his legs.

- Hey, easy. It's been a couple of days. No need to rush, we kept it and we're going to give it back, but go easy.

Petr said as he walked over to Milo, offering himself as a support. However, the sorcerer sat back on the bed as soon as he heard it, as the memories of the last moments before he was out came to his head.

- Two days? How is Joseph? And where is Damien? And Cyran?!

- Who the fuck is Cyran!?

Milo pressed his lips together, remembering he was supposed to protect the man instead of snitching. So, he just shook his head and got up again, now with the additional stress of trying to picture a plan to keep the hunter from being murdered.