Chapter six: paranoia

(Victim? 5)

I woke up and made my bed putting away last nights clothes in the laundry basket. From their I packed my bag putting yesterdays equipment away neatly and heading down for breakfast. Mum was still passed out on the sofa from last nights drinking and dad was coming out of his bedroom downstairs. He shouted "one poached egg on toast with bacon and a black coffee, now"

I got to work making breakfast. Unfortunately I didn't have time to make myself food but that was ok. After I had served him breakfast I grabbed my coat and headed to school.

The entire walk their I felt on edge, like people were judging my every move. I was completely on edge meaning I didn't remember to cross the road ending a block or so from school. Because of that I was late when I did get to school and got detention.

I also got another detention for doodling because when I finally got to class I couldn't concentrate. I also didn't get a good nights sleep meaning I kept drifting off. By lunch I'd scored 4 detentions and a call home. The parents won't be happy.

At lunch I got so interested in a book that I missed it entirely meaning I had no food the entire day. Just as I thought it couldn't get worse it did, those boys came back and stole my books.

By the end of the day I was exhausted and ready to go home and cry. I couldn't rest fully though for I needed to make dinner but I should of expected that for it's my job to look after the house and everyone in it.

After watching my parents eat and cleaning up after them I went to go to bed when I realised I hadn't eaten anything yet. I couldn't eat then though because it was late and you can't eat just before bed right?

I climbed into my bed, the sheets only partially fitted, the duvet wrinkled and strewn across the room, school books littered on the floor. I usually keep my room clean as I can't stand if messy but I was so tired that I just flipped onto my bed and fell straight asleep

Now it begins. . .