2.

"Kabir, I asked you to finish this by evening. Can you please check if the issue has been resolved?" I casually rolled up the sleeves of my crisp white shirt, exposing my forearms.

"Relax, bhaiya. I've already talked to them. Everything has been sorted out." He replied nonchalantly, making himself comfortable on the chair next to my desk, munching on his favorite snack.

I raised my eyes from the laptop to him as he sat more obediently this time and placed the packet of banana chips aside on the table.

"He got it all wrong. The watch was actually in his wife's purse the whole time, while he was too busy blaming our staff of stealing it. But he realised his mistake and apologised to the staff for the same."

How can someone act in such a reckless manner. I just can't tolerate such people.

The fool was making a huge fuss in front of everyone, accusing our room service staff of stealing his Armani watch. It was totally not fair to them, and it could have damaged our hotel's reputation also.

"WHAT?" I could feel the anger building up as I forcefully closed the laptop, the sound echoing through the room.

"Then how could the asshole point fingers at my staff without even bothering to check his wife's bag first." My eyebrows furrowing in frustration.

"Relax, brother." Kabir replied.

"We don't want your BP to shoot, do we?"

Leaning back in my chair, I waved fingers through my dark strands and took a deep breath, trying to keep my anger in control.

He excused himself for a minute, when his phone rang. While I massaged my temples with my fingertips.

I can be quite hot-headed, and it doesn't take much to set me off. But it's not like I'm not trying to improve this.

"Are you fine brother?" I looked up to see him back on his seat.

"Hmm"

"Bhaiya, papa told me to bring you home early today. So shall we?" He asked, with mischievous eyes.

"Why and what's with this expression on your face?" I stood up from the chair.

Taking my phone from the table, I kept it in my slack's pocket before packing my laptop and charger in the laptop bag.

"Nothing" he replied, looking up at me after picking up the banana chips packet from the table.

Food is his first love.

"I need to attend Veer's PTM, you can head home. It will take me some time."

"As you say, Sir." He left saying so.

The expression Kabir had on his face, is making me restless. I wonder why Chote papa had suddenly called us home early today.

The boy for sure knows the reason.

Today was a tiring day, but I am grateful to have Kabir as my partner. He's really great at learning new things and managing work.

That's why he's now in charge of another branch of our hotel, working with me. He's not just my cousin, but more like my own brother.

Kabir is like the sunshine of our home, the one always spreading joy with his vibrant energy. It's impossible to feel down when he is around.

* * *

"Sir, Veer is a brilliant student. His scores are good too. I don't have any complaints from him, but-.

Miss Sharma, Veer's class teacher took a full stop, finding right words to put forward her worry to Vikram.