11.

Happy and excited chatter filled the dining hall. It was a ritual for the family to have their meals together, spending a quality time with each other. Happiness radiated from everyone's face, upon having a new member added in to the family.

"I'll do it, you sit." Vikram interjected as Adhira reached out to serve him food.

With a quiet nod, she settled herself in the seat beside him, noticing the unease on his face. He seemed distant, uninterested in the lively chit-chat happening around them.

Doubts crept into her mind - had she truly offended him to such an extent?

"Maldives is best. The water sports are amazing there." Kabir commented.

He and Mukti, were hell bent on fighting over a honeymoon destination for the new couple without even considering their opinion.

"Paris is better than Maldives. The city is itself so romantic." She argued back.

Adhira and Vikram appeared unfazed by the situation, engrossed in savoring the flavors of the food before them.

Saanvika shot the siblings a piercing glare, effectively bringing an abrupt end to their conversation. "Let them decide, when and where they want to go."

She could sense the uneasiness on Adhira's face, and it was sensible. They both were still practically strangers to each other.

"Adhira, how's the food beta?" Saanvika inquired, arching her eyebrows curiously.

"Absolutely delicious Choti Maa." Adhira responded with a polite smile.

"Did you talk to Advait? When will he come to pick you up?" She asked further, all her attention on Adhira.

"Kyun?" Came a loud and deep voice.

{Why}

Vikram's eyes shifted downward, feeling the sudden weight of everyone's gaze upon him. His voice unexpectedly boomed, leaving him feeling embarrassed.

So taking a piece of cucumber he started to munch on it. Why aren't they taking their eyes off him?

"For pag phera rasam." Mukti informed her elder brother with a teasing smile.

Vikram couldn't help but curse himself for speaking without thinking. But was it really his fault that the words just slipped out unintentionally?

He couldn't shake off the feeling that he had completely made a fool of himself in front of his wife on the very first day.

Vikram shot a piercing look at Kabir, who was persistently taunting him, with his smirks and playful expressions. With an intense glare, Vikram silently dared Kabir to make any comment, challenging him to test his patience.

"Veer wait, I made Kheer, I'll just bring it." Adhira exclaimed as she stood up, from her seat, excusing herself.

Veer being a disciplined and introverted child, was a bit awkward in her presence. "Ji" He nodded his head and settled back into his seat.

Adhira was given the task of preparing a sweet dish for her 'pehli rasoi rasam'. After contemplating for a while, she settled on making her special 'kesar badam kheer'. Once cooked, she let it cool down, intending to serve it chilled.

"I'll help you bhabhi." Mukti volunteered when she saw Adhira coming with a tray, struggling to walk in her saree.

Mukti took the tray from Adhira's hands and carefully placed it on the dining table, ensuring that the elders were served first.

Adhira then picked up a bowl from the tray and handed it to Veer with a warm smile. "Thankyou" he replied with a straight face, taking the bowl from her.