13.

"Good morning, bhabhi." Mukti greeted, rising from the breakfast table as soon as she spotted Adhira entering the room.

"Good morning," Adhira wished, pulling her into a side hug. Their bond was growing stronger and incredibly natural day by day. It seemed that their similar age played a part in their instant connection.

"Good morning chote papa." Adhira was about to touch Jaideep's feet, in order to take his blessings, but he wrapped his arm around her shoulder, reciprocating her greeting

"Ouhh." She shrieked, jumping back on her place, startled by Kabir's unexpected and sudden gesture.

"Bhabhi pranam." Kabir exclaimed, dramatically bowing down to touch Adhira's feet.

"What are you doing bhaiya? I am younger than you." She pleaded softly.

"Mummy's order bhabhi, she had asked me to seek your blessings every day from now." He reasoned, his shoulders lifting in a nonchalant shrug.

"Exactly! I told you to seek her blessings, not to frighten her," Saanvika lightly slapped Kabir's shoulder, placing the plate of hot toasts on the table.

"Beta tum Kabir se bhale hi umar mein chhoti ho par ab rishte mein tum badi ho. So don't ever hesitate to scold him if he troubles you." She explained to Adhira, gently patting on her head.

[You may be younger than Kabir in age but now you are elder in relation]

"Or you can even complain about him to Vikram, he knows how to get him back on line." Jaideep added, earning a scowl from his son.

"Who needs to be on line Chote papa?" Vikram asked as he entered the room. His gaze shifting to his wife, who was dressed in a bottle green saree that accentuated her curves flawlessly.

He found himself breathless, every time
he witnessed her in traditionals.

He was expecting her to be sleeping beside him when he woke up, hoping to steal a glance at her. But instead, he was met by the vacant and cold side of the bed, a stark contrast to the warmth he had anticipated.

A soft murmur of 'morning' brushed against his ears, accompanied by a fleeting and yet meaningful look from his wife.

"Good morning," he responded, his eyes still locked onto her. Little did he know, his 'starring session' which he referred to as his 'adoring session' was catching the attention of everyone.

Adhira under the spell of his intense gaze, blinked in blush and embarrassment, being aware of everyone's teasing eyes and the warmth of their smiles.

'Taakte rehte tujhko saanjh savere' Kabir's playful humming jolted Vikram out of his daydreaming.

Clearing his throat and avoiding eye contact with anyone, he took a seat next to his Choti Maa, arranging his breakfast on the plate. Adhira silently served him the tea and then sat down next to Mukti, joining in their breakfast.

"Where's Veer? Isn't he going to join us?" She asked, noticing his absence and how no one seemed to be trying to call him.

"He was asleep when I went to check on him before coming downstairs." Vikram replied, his contentment evident that she cared to know about his little one.

"Veer usually has his breakfast late, beta. I will serve him once he wakes up." Saanvika explained, and Adhira nodded her head.