10.

Vikram felt a sense of helplessness wash over him. He was at a loss for what to do as he witnessed her tears throughout the entire journey to the house.

The melody of her sobbing still echoed in his ears. His fingers itched to wipe the tear, rolling down her cheeks, then there was a sudden uncontrollable urge to hold her in his arms.

The weight burdened him as he fought the dilemma of how to bring her solace to her crying mess, to see a smile on her face.

Taking out the handkerchief, from the depth of his sherwani's pocket he silently extended it towards her, whispering "Here".

She accepted the offered handkerchief from him, her voice silenced by the dryness in her throat from all the crying. She wiped away the tears from her face, striving to make herself look presentable as the car slowed down in front of the house.

When she saw a few close relatives and his family members waiting at the entrance, to welcome them her anxiety and nervousness started creeping up her back.

As they got out of the car, he held the door open for her. His sister came to the rescue, lending a hand to help her with the weight of her heavy lehenga.

Vikram extended his hand towards her, sensing her nervousness, and gently led her towards the main door of the house.

His touch brought a sense of comfort to her. The fact that he didn't hesitate for even a moment to hold her hand in front of everyone filled her with contentment.

Saanvika stepped ahead holding a plate, accompanied by a lady who appeared to be of the same age. They performed the ritual of aarti and instructed Adhira to enter the house after kicking the rice-filled Kalash with her right foot.

Adhira followed their instructions and entered the house, with Vikram still holding her hand. Then they were then taken to the Puja Ghar in the house for further rituals.

Adhira felt anxious as she observed the unfamiliar faces surrounding her. However, Mukti remained by her side, providing constant comfort to her bhabhi.

Vikram and Adhira were seated opposite each other, with a large pot placed between them. The pot contained a mixture of milk, turmeric powder, and rose petals, creating a blend that reduced its transparency.

They were both asked to find the ring hidden in the pot, and the first one to find it would gain an upper hand in the marriage.

"Come on bhai you have to win this." Mukti cheered in support of her brother. While Vikram's eyes were fixed on Adhira, who appeared red due to his constant gaze on her.

"Nahi toh saari umar papa ki tarah gulami mein guzarni hogi." Kabir's parents looked at him a look of disinterested, while the peals of laughter echoed in the hall.

{If not, then you'll have to spend your entire life in servitude like father}

"Betaji, let me enlighten you with a little information," Jaideep chimed in, casting a proud glance at his wife.  "It was I who won this very game during out time."

"Remember, my dear." He added, nudging his shoulder with Saanvika's, making her blush. The room erupted in smiles at the playful banter between the couple.

Adhira adored the couple before her. The unspoken language that passed between them, filled with love and understanding, was a sight to behold.

It was like, as if their eyes held a secret conversation, a connection that only they could understand. Isn't it goals?

"Fir toh aap jeet kar bhi gulami kar rahe ho." Kabir chortled, welcoming a flying cushion to his face, which doesn't affect him anymore as he has grown habitual now.