21.

Adhira knocked on Mukti's door and
waited for a response. When she heard a faint 'come in' she pushed the door open and walked in.

"I brought you guys some coffee and snacks." Adhira said, holding up a tray.

"Thank you bhabhi." Mukti took the tray from Adhira and placed it on the bedside table.

Adhira smiled back at her. "Agar kisi or cheez ki zarurat ho, toh batana." She said, looking at both Mukti and Ritika.

"Why don't you join us?" Ritika asked, tapping the bedside with a hesitant smile.

"Yes, she's right, bhabhi. You should sit with us." Mukti took Adhira's hand and led her to the bed.

"Bhabhi makes the best coffee." Mukti exclaimed, handing the cup to Ritika.

Adhira smiled at her sister-in-law in response. Adhira and Mukti had been bonding really well, they shared jokes and connected easily with each other.

"Coffee is really good." Ritika said, sipping on her cup of coffee.

Their conversation flowed effortlessly as they savored their coffee, discussing everything from the newly launched movies to Nykaa's new collection.

"So, you're a Delhiite too?" Ritika inquired, to which Adhira nodded in response.

"That's wonderful. I mean, being close to your family must bring so much joy to both you and them." Ritika beamed with a warm smile.

"Yeah, my father and brother are really protective of me. They always wanted me
to stay close to them." Adhira shared, her voice filled with fondness as she talked about them.

She told how they would always look out
for her, how the whole family treated her like royalty, showering her with endless care and pampering, which always made her feel like a cherished princess.

"You didn't tell me about your mother? What does she do? Well, I'm sure she must be as beautiful as you are, isn't she?"

Mukti looked at Ritika before shifting her gaze to Adhira, who appeared visibly pale at Ritika's question. But it wasn't Ritika's fault, of course. How could she have known?

"I don't have a mother."Adhira's voice wavered slightly as she spoke, her words carrying the weight of unspoken sorrow.

Ritika reached out, placing a comforting hand on Adhira's shoulder. "Oh my gosh! I am sorry. I didn't know. May her sou-.

"No, no. My parents are divorced." Adhira interrupted, her tone tinged with resignation.

"Oh, I am sorry again." Ritika's expression softened further, as she apologised to her.

In that moment, the conversation shifted, as Ritika shared about her placement in
one of the top companies in Delhi.

"My brother works in the same company." Adhira's voice was filled with pride as she mentioned about Advait, unable to hold herself back from hearing Ritika's self-flattery.

"Oh, that's nice. And what do you do?" Ritika's voice held interest as she tried to understand Adhira better.

"I recently completed my graduation." Adhira answered, with a polite smile.

"Recently? How old are you?" Ritika's eyebrows furrowed slightly, betraying her surprise.

"I am 22." Adhira replied, her fingers subconsciously fidgeting with the loose end of her saree.

"Almost 23, bhabhi." Mukti interjected,
her tone tinged with excitement.

"Are you planning to become a housewife?"
Adhira's gaze flickered to Ritika, searching for any hint of mockery in her expression.