25.

"Kyun beta?" Saanvika was taken aback with Adhira's unexpected refusal.

She had anticipated Adhira's excitement about spending some alone time with her husband, as any newlywed would.

Not only Saanvika but everyone else had expected the same reaction, from her.

"Choti maa, yeh mera pehla birthday hai yahan, aur mujhe sach mein yahin sabke saath manana hai," Adhira explained, expressing her desire to celebrate her birthday with everyone.

[This is my first birthday here, and I truly want to celebrate it with everyone]

"Waise bhi maine humesha apna birthday ghar par, sabke saath hi celebrate kiya hai." She added, passing a smile to reassure Saanvika that she meant it.

[Besides, I have always celebrated my birthday at home, with everyone]

Birthdays have always been like any other normal day in her life. A small cake-cutting celebration with family, her father and brother wishing her at 12:00 AM, and seeking blessings from elders and God are what she defined as the perfect birthday.

"Ek pal ke liye, dara hi diya tha bhabhi aapne toh." Mukti breathed out of relief.

[You almost scared us]

"Exactly, Sam- I mean bhaiya itne bhi boring nahi hain, that you don't want to go on a trip with him." Kabir commented, stealing a side glance at Vikram.

[Brother is not that boring]

"Par beta, we have already made all the arrangements for the flights and hotels.
For a change, celebrate your birthday as
we want you to?" Chote Papa said, hope shining in his eyes.

"Han, phir hum sab dobara celebrate kar lenge tumhare aane ke baad, you don't worry about that." Saanvika said, giving Adhira a comforting pat on the shoulder.

[We'll celebrate again once you two are back]

"Tu bhi kuch bol." Jaideep urged Vikram, who had been silently listening all this time.

[Say something]

"Jaisa Adhira theek samjhe." Vikram replied, casting a glance towards Adhira.

[As she wish]

"Lo, fir yeh kehte hain ki main darta nahi." Kabir remarked, earning a stare from his mother, which made him shut his mouth
in an instant.

[And then he says he isn't afraid]

As she nervously toyed with the papers in her lap, she felt the weight of everyone's expectations bearing down on her.

Their thoughtfulness touched her deeply, and she couldn't bear the idea of rejecting their heartfelt gesture. She didn't want to say no.

So, she nodded her head. "Okay," before glancing at Vikram to catch any hint he might give in case he disagreed with her decision.

"But why don't you all come along with us? Like a family trip, what say?" Adhira suggested, raising her eyebrows, awaiting everyone's response.