20.

Stretching his arms above his head, Vikram let out a long yawn, the remnants of sleep still clinging to his senses. His eyes fluttered open as he turned his head to the left, in a hope of seeing her sleeping beside him.

But the space next to him was empty, and cold. A pang of disappointment ran through him, though he wasn't sure why. Maybe he was expecting to gaze at her peaceful face as she slept, or perhaps to see the blush coating her cheeks when he looked into her eyes.

Or maybe he was expecting a kiss or two, or some morning snuggles.

Or maybe he was just expecting too much.

Running a hand through his tousled hair, he sat up on bed. The memories from the previous night flooding like a flashback to him, the moments still vivid in his mind.

As he recalled the memory, he could still feel her warm lips against his rough ones, he remembered the tomato-like redness of her cheeks when they parted their lips. She hadn't looked into his eyes since then.

Changing into her night clothes, she had straightaway gone to her side of the bed, covering herself up to her neck as if hiding from him, and had slept, whispering a goodnight to him.

Though he wanted to cuddle her, to sleep with her in his arms, decided to give her some space. And had slept facing her after pressing a goodnight kiss on her hair.

But now he longed to pull her back in to his arms, to chase away the emptiness that had seem to settle over him. With a heavy sigh, he pushed himself out of the bed, making his way to the bathroom.

For two obvious reasons: first, being the shower and second, being his baby maker standing straight up in his joggers.

After getting dressed in a black shirt and beige trousers, he hung his towel on the balcony railing to dry, remembering that otherwise his wife would have to do it, and she wouldn't even complain about it to him.

As he walked down the stairs, Veer's voice made him stop in his tracks as Veer approached him. "Bhaiya"

"Aap abhi bhi naraz ho mujhse?" Veer asked with a hint of sadness in his eyes.

[Are you still upset with me?]

"Kuch khaaya tune?" Vikram questioned back, continuing to descending the stairs.

[Did you ate something?]

"Bhaiya I am sorry." Veer followed him, stopping him by holding his elbow.

"Veer main tujhse naraz nahi hun. But seriously you think of yourself as a burden on us? I hate the fact that you think so low of yourself. Have I ever made you feel that way or someone else?" Vikram asked looking straight in his eyes.

[I am not upset with you]

"Nahi bhaiya, you are the best brother I could have ever asked for. I am sorry, I don't know why I uttered those words. But I promise it won't happen ever again. But please don't be mad at me." Veer's voice was barely over a whisper.

[No brother]

"It's okay, at least you realized you were wrong. Now don't think too much about it. Don't be so gloomy – cheer up." Vikram said as he patted his back.

"I love you." Veer launched himself on him, taking him in a sudden hug.

"I love you too." Vikram smiled and rubbed Veer's back. He had always treated him as if he were his own child, and had loved him more than anything in the world.

"Haw, you guys forgot about me?" Kabir joined them, wrapping his arms around the sibling duo. "I love my Golu too."

Veer giggled while Vikram rolled his eyes at Kabir, as they all backed out from the hug. "How could we forget about you, my boy? Tu bhoolne vaali cheez hi nahi hai." Vikram said sarcastically, smiling.